Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   1911 ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/1911-77834/)

ar15boy 12-06-2012 04:17 AM

1911 ?
 
I have a s&w dk1911 and the trigger moves up and down does anyone else have one and the other ? Is should I send it back to s&w to see it they could fix it

danf_fl 12-06-2012 11:55 AM

Is it new? Does it go through the safety function tests okay?
Does the trigger movement affect you shooting?

The 1911 does not have the pivot on the trigger as other pistols. The trigger has a "bow" that slides around the magazine and activates the sear. A little movement is not a reason to send it back.
If the trigger pull gets erratic (heavy one time, light the next), then I would get with S&W.

Olympus 12-06-2012 03:21 PM

The trigger slides through a channel in the frame. If the channel is too wide or the trigger too narrow, you'll have excessive vertical play. If the channel is narrow or the trigger too wide, it will cause friction and you won't have a smooth trigger pull. You need a little room for smooth operation, but not too much.

ar15boy 12-06-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Is it new? Does it go through the safety function tests okay?
Does the trigger movement affect you shooting?

The 1911 does not have the pivot on the trigger as other pistols. The trigger has a "bow" that slides around the magazine and activates the sear. A little movement is not a reason to send it back.
If the trigger pull gets erratic (heavy one time, light the next), then I would get with S&W.

What do I mean the safety function but it doesn't affect the way it shoot it just bugs me I payed a lot of money for the gun and I look at my dads 1911 doesn't have up and down play in the trigger

Ultimate_sig 12-06-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar15boy
I have a s&w dk1911 and the trigger moves up and down does anyone else have one and the other ? Is should I send it back to s&w to see it they could fix it

Sounds like they shaved a little too much off the trigger when putting it in. Id call and ask them to either send you a new trigger or mail it back for fixing. There is nothing normal about that

HOSSFLY 12-06-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig (Post 1041470)
Sounds like they shaved a little too much off the trigger when putting it in. Id call and ask them to either send you a new trigger or mail it back for fixing. There is nothing normal about that

I pretty much agree--There shud not be enuff movement to notice--

ar15boy 12-08-2012 04:36 AM

Ok I will give them a call next week thank u for your help guys


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.