Your Opinion Matters - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Your Opinion Matters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Well this was back when I was going to range at least once a week, about 300 rounds a week. Doing drills and considering competition. The lasermax springs would probably last a couple thousand rounds before issues started to surface. I was using .40 and .357 and 9mm, but its annoying, and potentially distracting when your firing with your laser off, and mid string it would turn on and off. Same would happen when I turned it on, and fired multiple strings.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #12

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I wouldn't get used to using a laser. If you plan to use the firearm fsr self defense, your technology will indefinitely fail when it is needed most. It is easier and far more reliable to just get good with your sights. As said before, practice!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #13

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

I'll side with AgentTikki and others for the same reasons. Not interested in a laser. Good night sights and a light (not necessarily mounted) make more sense.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I just got a lasermax internal for my g30. And I love it! It's activated by pressing the slide release in.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #15

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine5truck View Post
I just got a lasermax internal for my g30. And I love it! It's activated by pressing the slide release in.

It is an awesome and innovative feat of engineering. If you didn't know it was there your wouldn't until your strip it!

But, try going through a thousand rounds with it. double taps, rapid fire.

As the activation spring ages, the laser with turn off and on with recoil.

One thing is nice tho. Lasermax customer service is really good. Just call them and say you need a new spring and they will ship one right away. I'd also keep and eye on the two nubs on the bottom of the activation lever/slide stop lever. When it wears down it will also cause issues.

Do some testing on your own. See if you can point and shoot faster with your sights, or with the laser.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Down fall to lasermax... Short battery life. And when I have it in my crossbreed iwb it activates the slide lock switch = dead battery