Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Your Opinion Matters (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/your-opinion-matters-52532/)

chlogeo 11-27-2011 02:59 PM

Your Opinion Matters

What is the opinion of Glock owners using the laser light that replaces the recoil spring? And, is this device Glock Approved?
Thanks,
Chlogeo

vincent 11-27-2011 03:11 PM

I looked into one a while back, couldn't justify the cost ($200-300) Haven't heard many complaints from those who use one. No idea if Glock recommends it either way...

okdonk 11-27-2011 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use Lasermax Unimax Rail Mount Es on my Glock19 Gen4. Its $128 delivered. Bought it off from ebay. Brand new and comes with warranty. Works great and the best part is i like the slim n tiny profile. Thought of buying the internal before but i already got the tungsten rod.. so i dont want to waste it. Also, the internal is kinda expensive.

Attachment 35532

trex1310 11-29-2011 12:15 AM

I personally don't care for lights, lasers, bayonets, beanie propellers, etc.
attached to my carry weapon. Just something else to go wrong at a
time when it is needed most.

g17frantz 11-30-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trex1310
I personally don't care for lights, lasers, bayonets, beanie propellers, etc.
attached to my carry weapon. Just something else to go wrong at a
time when it is needed most.

Agreed. +1

EagleDreamer 12-07-2011 07:50 PM

I have no experience with this but the way I understand is that it turns on when you rack the slide to put a round in the chamber. That would mean the laser is basically going to be on constantly if you have a round in chamber all the time. How long could it last if have a round in chamber at all times?

Jkl-28 12-07-2011 08:57 PM

A friend of mine got one a few years ago and he hates the damn thing! I was thinking about getting one myself but he talked me out of it, it's good cuz it's internal and u can still use whatever holster u have for your Glock and that's what I was looking for cuz I already had holsters ( and they didn't fit the gun with a light or laser on the rail) bur the bad thing about those lights is that they are not adjustable and and every time u take you gun apart and put back together the laser is in a diff. Position..... So I decited to buy a crimson-trace grip laser (it's point of aim is adjustable and I can still use any holster with it on)

AgentTikki 12-07-2011 09:08 PM

I had 2 of them. for my 31 and 33. Sold them.

Kinda funny, but I'm faster without them.

practice practice practice practice practice.

Really cool and innovative design, which attracted me to them in the first place. I did have some problems keeping them on, tho. The activation springs get old and need to be replaced, or when doing double taps or long strings of fire, they go on and off and on etc. The CS was great tho, they had new springs for free out to me in like 3 days. But I"d honestly say, if i had to stake my life on one, I wouldn't, too many things to go wrong.

Get a light.

Get lots of ammo.

Practice practice practice.

AgentTikki 12-07-2011 09:20 PM

At my local indoor range, i like to put my Glock down on the counter in front of me. Pick it up and shoot it. This range does not allow drawing from a holster.
With sights, I'm a lot faster, a lot faster than with a laser.
Lasers add another step, turning it on. Then you need to find the dot.

Its suprising and counterintuitive, but really for speed drills at CQB distances, you're better off without one.

peters923 12-07-2011 09:32 PM

I have an internal lasermax on my 23. I don't know if Glock approves them or not. I like mine.
I haven't had any trouble whatsoever with its functionality.