You have got to be freakin' kidding me.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > You have got to be freakin' kidding me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Default You have got to be freakin' kidding me.

A guy that I used to work with that is into guns, just posted this pic on facebook about his new Glock. Check out the steak knife "stippling" job. I don't know if he did it, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised.

And for anyone who may remember (or care) yes, this is the same guy. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/does-gun-exist-47222/

Gold medal retardation.

72168_486632121376468_1170570386_n.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I personally don't even see the point in "stippling" or whatever they call it.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #3

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I would have got a one of the sticky kits that competitive shooters use. The 3M no-slip safety material is sticky and cushions the grip. The steak knife makes an ugly gun unbearable.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What ever he likes, its his gun and as long it works for him then thats all that matters....

Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #5

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Ug, that is ugly IMO, but I guess not him. What is the saying, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #6

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
I personally don't even see the point in "stippling" or whatever they call it.
improved grip? Lol. Whats not to understand?

It's a preference thing. For me, especially being in las vegas, and doing a decent amount of trianing at frontsight in the spring/fall, my hands get sweaty, especially over the course of an 8 hour class, drawing, holstering, repeatedly. A smoothish polymer grip gets slippery.

Also, when i'm carrying, i sweat on my gun, so even if my hands are dry i can draw a slippery gun.

However, when i got my stippling done, i had a ton of other work done to the grip and now i shoot it better than ever.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9842

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
What ever he likes, its his gun and as long it works for him then thats all that matters....
I agree. It's his gun and he can dress it up any way he likes.
snyder77 Likes This 
Old 11-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #8

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Well, it IS just a Glock

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

improved grip? Lol. Whats not to understand?

It's a preference thing. For me, especially being in las vegas, and doing a decent amount of trianing at frontsight in the spring/fall, my hands get sweaty, especially over the course of an 8 hour class, drawing, holstering, repeatedly. A smoothish polymer grip gets slippery.

Also, when i'm carrying, i sweat on my gun, so even if my hands are dry i can draw a slippery gun.

However, when i got my stippling done, i had a ton of other work done to the grip and now i shoot it better than ever.
K, thanks. I did my Frontsight or whatever the heck that is, I'm assuming its some sort of hick training academy, in the Middle East. I worded my point poorly evidently, let me try again. I see no point in potentially damaging a firearm in such a amateurish attempt to gain more grip when there is better methods out there.

This forum is getting really silly right now anyway, from idiots claiming that a required class lowers handgun safety statistics to other idiots carrying backup mags and weapons for defensive carry. Have a non justified shooting when you are caught carrying two weapons and a crap load of magazines and see how that works out for ya in court. There is even a bunch of people claiming to disregard a businesses wishes about not wanting weapons on their property. After reading this forum for a while I'm starting to see some of the anti gun people's point of view.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #10

Liked 2032 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

If someone has a non justified shooting... how many guns or magazines they had will be the least of their worries.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

texaswoodworker Likes This