Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   You have got to be freakin' kidding me. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/you-have-got-freakin-kidding-me-76200/)

sputnik1988 11-12-2012 05:47 AM

You have got to be freakin' kidding me.

1 Attachment(s)
A guy that I used to work with that is into guns, just posted this pic on facebook about his new Glock. Check out the steak knife "stippling" job. I don't know if he did it, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised.:rolleyes:

And for anyone who may remember (or care) yes, this is the same guy. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/does-gun-exist-47222/

Gold medal retardation.

Byron0022 11-12-2012 07:13 AM

I personally don't even see the point in "stippling" or whatever they call it.

Old_Crow 11-12-2012 09:06 AM

I would have got a one of the sticky kits that competitive shooters use. The 3M no-slip safety material is sticky and cushions the grip. The steak knife makes an ugly gun unbearable.

lyodbraun 11-13-2012 04:24 PM

What ever he likes, its his gun and as long it works for him then thats all that matters....

chuckusaret 11-13-2012 04:37 PM

Ug, that is ugly IMO, but I guess not him. What is the saying, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Dr. Marneaus 11-13-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron0022 (Post 1011282)
I personally don't even see the point in "stippling" or whatever they call it.

improved grip? Lol. Whats not to understand?

It's a preference thing. For me, especially being in las vegas, and doing a decent amount of trianing at frontsight in the spring/fall, my hands get sweaty, especially over the course of an 8 hour class, drawing, holstering, repeatedly. A smoothish polymer grip gets slippery.

Also, when i'm carrying, i sweat on my gun, so even if my hands are dry i can draw a slippery gun.

However, when i got my stippling done, i had a ton of other work done to the grip and now i shoot it better than ever.

winds-of-change 11-13-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyodbraun (Post 1012943)
What ever he likes, its his gun and as long it works for him then thats all that matters....

I agree. It's his gun and he can dress it up any way he likes.

HOSSFLY 11-13-2012 07:02 PM

Well, it IS just a Glock :rolleyes:

Byron0022 11-13-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

improved grip? Lol. Whats not to understand?

It's a preference thing. For me, especially being in las vegas, and doing a decent amount of trianing at frontsight in the spring/fall, my hands get sweaty, especially over the course of an 8 hour class, drawing, holstering, repeatedly. A smoothish polymer grip gets slippery.

Also, when i'm carrying, i sweat on my gun, so even if my hands are dry i can draw a slippery gun.

However, when i got my stippling done, i had a ton of other work done to the grip and now i shoot it better than ever.

K, thanks. I did my Frontsight or whatever the heck that is, I'm assuming its some sort of hick training academy, in the Middle East. I worded my point poorly evidently, let me try again. I see no point in potentially damaging a firearm in such a amateurish attempt to gain more grip when there is better methods out there.

This forum is getting really silly right now anyway, from idiots claiming that a required class lowers handgun safety statistics to other idiots carrying backup mags and weapons for defensive carry. Have a non justified shooting when you are caught carrying two weapons and a crap load of magazines and see how that works out for ya in court. There is even a bunch of people claiming to disregard a businesses wishes about not wanting weapons on their property. After reading this forum for a while I'm starting to see some of the anti gun people's point of view.

Rick1967 11-13-2012 10:57 PM

If someone has a non justified shooting... how many guns or magazines they had will be the least of their worries.