Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Yet another reason I am ashamed of being a Glock fan.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 04:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Now, could we weld a third Glock on the bottom? A New York reload for a gun that already has a New York reload?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #22

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOwens View Post
I completely disagree that the Glock is good for an entry level defense weapon. At our shop, we tend to recommend XDs for first time gun buyers due to safeties and loaded chamber indicators. A Glock is best suited for more experienced shooters.

A Glock is not hard to be accurate with, you just need practice.
This subject has been turned over a million times in this forum.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I completely disagree that the Glock is good for an entry level defense weapon. At our shop, we tend to recommend XDs for first time gun buyers due to safeties and loaded chamber indicators. A Glock is best suited for more experienced shooters.

A Glock is not hard to be accurate with, you just need practice.
We are all entitled to our opinions.

Mine was posted back in March and was mostly tongue in cheek, except that it's the perfect entry level gun which is why you see so many of them used on the market. People buy them cheap, grow out of them and step up to a different design that fits their needs better.

The Glock was DESIGNED for people that don't do gun maintanence, don't want to worry about it and still want a good, reliable weapon that will put rounds downrange.

PS, it was never designed to be SOLD to you as the general public, it was designed by Gaston Glock to be sold to military forces only.

Baring that, the Law Enforecement community only. When both sales options were exhausted and there were still significant R&D costs, Glock changed policies and extended them to the public.

As such, I will never purchase one as I refuse to give my hard earned money to someone who never had any intention of supporting my Second Amendment Rights to protect myself, even if it were to be with a plastic pistol designed by a bathroom fixture engineer.

As for other threads, you might want to read the top 50 threads in the Glock sub forum as this notion of what the Glock is, and is not, has been discussed ad nauseum I am afraid.

JD

Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #24

Liked 1697 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 862

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH View Post
Why is it that I only see Glock owners do this to their weapons?

Double The PEWsure, Double The Fun: Conjoined Twin Glocks With Scope - Geekologie

I bet the next three posts will be about how awesome 1911s are. (I love my dad's Kimber 1911 by the way.)

Because other brands are too nice to do this to?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #25

Quote:
That's wonderful. I'm new and haven't seen the million discussions on it. Got any recommendations for threads I should read?

Is there any topic that hasn't been covered, because it seems like it all has...which makes one wonder if there's a need for any new topic/response to be posted in any thread.
Sure. Just type the word "Glock" into the search feature and you'll probably come up with tons of them. Or possibly start your own thread. It's just that dredging up older threads makes it difficult for old folks like me to remember if they've responded to the thread or not.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #26

Quote:

As a newb here, I find myself reading through the Glock forum and seeing people constantly saying "I'd never own a Glock..blah blah blah". My question is, why would you post in a Glock subforum about how much you dislike them? I
Start a new thread would be my advice. Glocks are a hot topic here, both pro and con, and I'm sure your post would elicit LOTS of responses.

Who knows why people do what they do. But people here are very passionate about the Glock/XD debate.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #27

Quote:
LOL!! I think I'll try my best not to open that can of worms. I've been around enough anti Glock guys to know that 1/2 the time, they've never owned one or spent enough range time with one to form an opinion worth listening to.
I think you're right.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #28

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 909

I have to admit being an older guy (63), I discounted the Glock when it started showing up in the '80s. Like many guys I was happy with what I had and couldn't see any need for a "plastic gun".

But now that I have one I see that ignoring them all those years was a mistake. Well, I was well armed but should have been paying more attention to what LE was doing.

And Mas Ayoob once said that if a civilian ever is on the hot seat for defending himself with a firearm it's hard for the prosecuting attorney to turn your gun against you if you chose the same one your local police are issued. If you have to defend your choice on the stand you can just say "the police do extensive testing on pistols and ammo so I figured I should use what they use". Whereas if you have something different, and maybe with mods like a lightened trigger - well you know how you'll be painted to the jury. I thought Mas had an excellent point and that was the first thing that got me thinking Glock.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #29

Quote:

far ton Glock and the 2nd Amendment, why would a guy in Austria care about the U.S. Constitution and protecting our rights?
Are you taking American dollars? Then you might want to think about supporting the end purchaser's right to buy your damn product in the first place.

That's why a company in Austria should be helping defend the 2A.

Quote:
If that's a big concern, you probably should never buy a Ruger either, seeing as how Bill Ruger was a big player in gun control legislation, including the assault weapons issues. Just some food for thought..
Thanks. I've already eaten that meal and I don't own a Ruger.

Quote:
Not sure I understand the relevance of who d
designed the Glock
Stating a fact. The relevance is the man wasn't a weaponsmith. That means something to me, your mileage can and should vary.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #30

Quote:
I guess the $ 115k donation they gave to the NRA doesn't count?
If you think donating $115K to the NRA is "doing something" for the support of 2A you have a lot to learn about the political battlefield we are currently fighting.

Have a link on that $115K donation by the way? It would be good to get any positive information out there for companies that are not based in the US.

Quote:
Cool. Having not seen your personal collection, it's hard to say what you do/don't own.
I am afraid you haven't been here long enough to be able to make any decision on what the members own or don't own. Don't feel slighted or bad about that fact. Most members here won't be posting their personal collection out in the open.

Especially on the Interwebz with an Anti 2A in the POTUS seat.

Quote:
The fact is pretty irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant if you want to compare designs and the collectors of them, which was what the initial post was all about in the first place if you followed it from the start and didn't key in on a post you disagreed with.

Quote:
Question for ya: If you don't like Glocks, why bother posting in a subforum about them?
See that indicator on the left side of the screen, the envelope, and see how this one is BRIGHT RED after you hit "New Posts"?

That means this thread is HOT.

See that tag below my name? The bullseye with the shot out center that says "Moderator"?

That means I am required to ACTIVELY read and participate in hot threads to make sure that arguments are kept civil on this site. The Mods have a constant pressence in these types of threads so that no one member is not running roughshod over the others.

Especially with information that may or may not be accurate, regardless of who the poster is, or what their true intention may be. The Glock sub forum has long been one of the top three sections of this forum where MISINFORMATION is spread by BOTH sides of the "Glock is great vs. Glocks Suck" argument.

JD

Closed Thread