Will Gen 4 parts fill earlier models?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Will Gen 4 parts fill earlier models?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Will Gen 4 parts fill earlier models?

I've been reading about the new Gen 4 pistols and they sound really interesting. The main part I'd like to know about is the return spring assembly. My Gen 3 G17 has a captured single spring on a plastic rod. I read that the new ones have a captured, double spring. This helps to reduce recoil, thus keeping the barrel down on target and allowing faster target re-acquisition. I haven't seen anything on the Glock site yet. Is anyone up to date on this? Thanks.

Dave

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I should be talking to Glock in the next couple of days, I will try to remember to check and let you know.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Dave

Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

As per Glock - Gen 4 parts, at this point, will not be interchangable with earlier weapons.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Darn!! That's too bad. It would be nice to be able to upgrade an older pistol with a part from a newer one, a part of a different design that would affect the operation of the gun. I like my Glock as it is, but I notice that my XD40 with the double spring design is a softer shooter than my other pistols. Anyway, someone will come up with a cheap version I'll bet. I know there is a hydraulic type out there now, but it's over $150. Sure can't pay that for a spring. Have a great day and thanks again for checking on this for me.

Dave

Old 01-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #6

Liked 57 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I saw my 1'st Gen 4 Glock at a gunshow today and was very impressed. The grip on the one I handled was definately slimmer than standard and the new recoil spring looked sturdy. I'm not a big Glock fan but may consider a new Gen 4 version.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
I saw my 1'st Gen 4 Glock at a gunshow today and was very impressed. The grip on the one I handled was definately slimmer than standard and the new recoil spring looked sturdy. I'm not a big Glock fan but may consider a new Gen 4 version.
I'd love to see a Gen 4 in person. Got my Glock Annual yesterday and was impressed by the pictures. The thing about them is that people either love or hate them, but no matter what, they are always trouble free and run like a Glock!!

Dave