Why i like glocks - because they just work! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why i like glocks - because they just work!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084

I think it's to annoy just you specifically, the staunch Glock defender that you are.
I'm not this big GLOCK defender that you say I am. I carry my GLOCK the same way I carry my SR1911. I hope you don't start adding words like he does!! I just think it's idiotic for someone to talk sh!t about "fanboys" when he is just as bad.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #32

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

They have become the modern version of the "Saturday Night Special". They are the choice of the novice and Street Gangs. The cash strapped Cities buy them because they fit the budgets.
They have an appeal to wannabe gun smiths. The good news is some Glock owners will mature and become legitimate handgunners.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 507 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Is that not how most handguns work I know with mine I pull the trigger and it just works.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1
but to hate a proven platform because its "ugly" or because of other peoples views "fanboys" is ignorant in my opinion,if thats the case than a person would have to hate alot of things in life from glocks and 1911s to fords and chevys because there are "fanboys" for every thing whether you want to belive it or not.
When I talk about fanboys I'm talking about people who say a Glock is the end all, be all gun. THAT is true ignorance. There are so many other good guns out there.

And, as I already said, it is my personal bias to live with.

Glock fanboys take it to a whole new extreme. Reference my example about someone asking for a single stacked 9mm and some fanboy recommends he buys the Glock 22. Ignorance, once again.

I admit Glocks are reliable guns. So are M&Ps, the XD line, etc.

I've already said there are other reasons why I won't buy a Glock, aside from Glock people. It doesn't feel right in my hand. Aesthetically it is less appealing than either of the two aforementioned guns, and they have similar prices and reliability.

I also don't ever want to be associated with Glock people. Is that ignorance? I would prefer to call it bias. Ignorance would be me denying that there's anything good about Glocks. I'm not doing that. I'm just saying there are manufacturers out there which bring more to the table.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #35

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
When I talk about fanboys I'm talking about people who say a Glock is the end all, be all gun. THAT is true ignorance. There are so many other good guns out there.

And, as I already said, it is my personal bias to live with.

Glock fanboys take it to a whole new extreme. Reference my example about someone asking for a single stacked 9mm and some fanboy recommends he buys the Glock 22. Ignorance, once again.

I admit Glocks are reliable guns. So are M&Ps, the XD line, etc.

I've already said there are other reasons why I won't buy a Glock, aside from Glock people. It doesn't feel right in my hand. Aesthetically it is less appealing than either of the two aforementioned guns, and they have similar prices and reliability.

I also don't ever want to be associated with Glock people. Is that ignorance? I would prefer to call it bias. Ignorance would be me denying that there's anything good about Glocks. I'm not doing that. I'm just saying there are manufacturers out there which bring more to the table.
i was not only referring to your post but many i have read on several forums,but one could put lets say ruger or taurus in the place of glock and have the same argument i will give you that the glock and 1911 crowd are die hard but that is no reason to hate somthing,and i know you dont like the ergonomics and a few other things which is your opinion to have but to say because of the fanboys that would eleminate alot of products all across the board.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1

i was not only referring to your post but many i have read on several forums,but one could put lets say ruger or taurus in the place of glock and have the same argument i will give you that the glock and 1911 crowd are die hard but that is no reason to hate somthing,and i know you dont like the ergonomics and a few other things which is your opinion to have but to say because of the fanboys that would eleminate alot of products all across the board.
I get your point. And yes we could use the same argument for any type of fanboy. In my personal life, I really don't pay attention to cars. I like them, but I'm not even close into them as I am for guns. Therefore I don't notice any of the Chevy/Ford fanboys, for example.

Yes the 1911 guys are pretty bad about it too sometimes. But I will say, a point in their favor is that (in my hand) 1911s have great ergos, so owning one or two isn't off the table.

But most people here are not what I call Glock fanboys, or 1911 fanboys, or revolver fanboys. Most people here, I've noticed, are actually reasonable and own a variety of various guns, or would if their situation permitted. Fanboys will only buy or recommend someone else to buy his chosen gun.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #37

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
I get your point. And yes we could use the same argument for any type of fanboy. In my personal life, I really don't pay attention to cars. I like them, but I'm not even close into them as I am for guns. Therefore I don't notice any of the Chevy/Ford fanboys, for example.

Yes the 1911 guys are pretty bad about it too sometimes. But I will say, a point in their favor is that (in my hand) 1911s have great ergos, so owning one or two isn't off the table.

But most people here are not what I call Glock fanboys, or 1911 fanboys, or revolver fanboys. Most people here, I've noticed, are actually reasonable and own a variety of various guns, or would if their situation permitted. Fanboys will only buy or recommend someone else to buy his chosen gun.
i can agree to this,i am one who owns both 1911 and glocks and a bunch of other makes and models.i hated glocks until i actually owned one and put it through its paces,and i have yet to have the one i have fail i have shot every kind of ammo i can reasonably buy other than reloads i dont use reloads in my ccw,i have left it dirty for hundreds to even a thousand rounds and did not oil it and it performed perfect enough for me to trust my life with.and looks or other peoples opinions played no part in my decision to use the g19 as my primary ccw.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #38

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Limp wrist.
Lmfao
Yes and if mechanics fail, and are flawed!! I damn sure want a better looking failure prone mechanical device other than the Glock!! Even it is better than average in dependability!! I'll take my fraction of a percentage less dependable flawed Ruger or Smith!!

Old 07-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3862 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Those who have been hating on Glocks on this thread have broken an unwritten rule. Do not attack a Brand of gun on the Brands forum. You are on sacred ground, where fellow fans of the Brand sing camp songs and gather support for their addiction/infatuation.

Of course, when Glockamaniacs post their misguided love outside of their beloved forum, that is when we attack without mercy! Past Glock 17 owner myself though.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Those who have been hating on Glocks on this thread have broken an unwritten rule. Do not attack a Brand of gun on the Brands forum. You are on sacred ground, where fellow fans of the Brand sing camp songs and gather support for their addiction/infatuation.
Bring it on. :P

Always have clean socks.

Jagermeister Likes This