Why i like glocks - because they just work! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why i like glocks - because they just work!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #21
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

Hey, this is your boys making these claims.

They are right. Glocks are sophisticated.

I'm just an idiot. Glock experts themselves told me

glocks need people to have a high degree of sophisticated

training in order to operate them.

I did not say this. What do I know?
Lol. I still find it funny. Glocks are very simple guns. That's what makes them Nice.
Much simpler than the detective special I'm picking up tomorrow.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Lol. I still find it funny. Glocks are very simple guns. That's what makes them Nice.
Much simpler than the detective special I'm picking up tomorrow.
Ok if that's what makes them nice then what are other polymer, striker fired guns? Not nice? Every striker fired gun operates the exact same, which means they are all, in my opinion, equally "simple." The only differences are minor: how takedown works, how the trigger operates (not how good it is, I'm talking its actual mechanics).

So what is the draw to Glocks all about? Is it how they break down?

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #23

Liked 1099 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

Hey, this is your boys making these claims.

They are right. Glocks are sophisticated.

I'm just an idiot. Glock experts themselves told me

glocks need people to have a high degree of sophisticated

training in order to operate them.

I did not say this. What do I know?
I don't see them saying "sophisticated", do you? I like how you change what people say to you. If you don't like GLOCKs, then why do you jump into every GLOCK thread???

image-1920935113.jpg
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #24
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post

Ok if that's what makes them nice then what are other polymer, striker fired guns? Not nice? Every striker fired gun operates the exact same, which means they are all, in my opinion, equally "simple." The only differences are minor: how takedown works, how the trigger operates (not how good it is, I'm talking its actual mechanics).

So what is the draw to Glocks all about? Is it how they break down?
Not true. There are alot of polymer framed guns out there that are relatively similar. They are not the same. The m&p line for instance is actually quite a bit more complicated. Still great guns.
Honestly IMO the best feature of the glock is It's finish. It is nearly as hard as a diamond and essentially rust proof. You can actually sharpen a knife on the slide. You have to keep in mind I am not your typical glock fan boy. I don't think they are the final word in guns. They aren't the only thing I buy. My current CC (summer) gun is a BG. 380. It's a great little gun aside from the trigger (kit coming soon) and I'm picking up a detective special today. Now if Glocks were sold for their original price I think I would be telling a different story. You would not be able to beat a glock for $100.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #25

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Now if Glocks were sold for their original price I think I would be telling a different story. You would not be able to beat a glock for $100.
This I agree with whole heartedly.

How are the M&P's (improved Glocks IMO) more "complicated"? Is it not the same striker system?

Old 07-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #26

Liked 229 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Nothing against Glocks myself but I don't own one yet. Not sure if I ever will but I am open to one and thought for a long time a 19 would be my first handgun.

My point is that the "they just work" theory could be applied to many guns not just Glocks. So for me it comes down to how it feels in your hand and that is just a personal preference.

They are not the best guns out there and in my opinion should be cheaper than they are but they are popular and that keeps the prices artificially high.

I would never try to talk someone out of buying one, I just tell people to shoot a few guns before they buy one and that a Glock should be one of the ones they try. Then leave it up to them.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #27
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post

This I agree with whole heartedly.

How are the M&P's (improved Glocks IMO) more "complicated"? Is it not the same striker system?
The only real similarity is the striker. Everything else is quite a bit more complicated. They are still great guns.
S&w did make a polymer frame gun that was almost identical to glock back in the day. The trigger was terrible and it was basically a total failure. The m&p line is a great improvement over that attempt. But still a more complicated firearm than the glock. I greatly prefer doing a trigger job on Glocks over M&P's, not that they are bad to do either, just not as simple.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #28

Liked 443 Times on 280 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

i own alot of diffrent guns i like them all, i really like my glock because its reliable, comfortable, light weight even when loaded,and it conceals very well,no external safteys to snag on shirts or pockets.by no means is glock my favorite gun just my favorite ccw.
but to hate a proven platform because its "ugly" or because of other peoples views "fanboys" is ignorant in my opinion,if thats the case than a person would have to hate alot of things in life from glocks and 1911s to fords and chevys because there are "fanboys" for every thing whether you want to belive it or not.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Last edited by rifleman1; 07-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #29

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I sold all my handguns except my Glocks and Rugers. I sold all my revolvers except my Ruger SP101 357 magnum. I personally don't care if you like my brands or hate them, those are my brands and you haters will just have to deal with it. I will never say anything bad about your choice of weapons because I presume you like them for many of the same reasons I like mine,

Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3219 Times on 1616 Posts
Likes Given: 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I don't see them saying "sophisticated", do you? I like how you change what people say to you. If you don't like GLOCKs, then why do you jump into every GLOCK thread???
I think it's to annoy just you specifically, the staunch Glock defender that you are.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
KG7IL Likes This