Why i like glocks - because they just work! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why i like glocks - because they just work!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
I was at the range a few days ago and a friend of mine asked for some help with 9mm reloads he was having trouble with. He was shooting a glock 19. He asked me to try it out. I had never shot a glock before and didn't really know what to expect. After the first shot, I understood why people love these guns. I'm hooked and looking forward to getting my first Glock...hopefully a 19.
Great gun. The 19 was my first glock. Wish I still had it but I traded up to the 20. The 20 will go to the grave with me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdorf
But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.
While I understand your reasoning, and its probably the best reason for liking any gun, here's why I don't like Glocks:

Glock people, as I call them. Glock fanboys, as others call them. Glockophiles, Glock lovers, Glock maniacs, Glock worshipers, Glock fanatics, etc.

Glock people swear by the Glock, to the point that it becomes brand myopic. Swearing up and down that Glocks are the best for any given situation.

Example: someone posts asking for recommendations on a single stack 9mm. He was very clear about those parameters. Someone says he should buy a Glock 22. No reason given. The reader is left to infer that he himself has a G22, and apparently doesn't know enough about guns to recommend something outside of what he has. Not only did he get the caliber wrong, but its also not a single stack gun.

The above was an example I noticed a few weeks ago on these very forums. And, sadly, similar examples happen all the time.

Yes, Glocks are reliable. But I will never own one because Glock people have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It is my own personal bias. If Glocks were the only reliable handgun in existence, I would own several. Lucky for me, however, that isn't necessary because there are countless handguns out there which are every bit as reliable as a Glock. I own a S&W M&P9c and would trust my life to it. Plus, my M&P is a far cry more attractive than an ugly Glock.

Yes, I'll grant you Glocks were the first very reliable polymer framed handgun. But nowadays most major gun manufacturers have reliable poly guns.

So, if there are just as reliable options, which are similarly priced, and are more attractive, then why buy a Glock? The only other reason I can think of is that it just fits someone's hand better. Personally the Glocks I have held didn't even come close to the level of comfort I enjoy when holding an M&P. Of course everyone's hands are different.

Just my opinion.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 07-06-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Overkill0084 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #13

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post
While I understand your reasoning, and its probably the best reason for liking any gun, here's why I don't like Glocks:

Glock people, as I call them. Glock fanboys, as others call them. Glockophiles, Glock lovers, Glock maniacs, Glock worshipers, Glock fanatics, etc.

Glock people swear by the Glock, to the point that it becomes brand myopic. Swearing up and down that Glocks are the best for any given situation.

Just my opinion.
+1. Nothing at all against Glocks, they're a proven commodity. The true believers are a huge PITA. MHO you understand.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #14
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Lol. Well I am a certified glock expert, gunsmith and range officer and I'm telling you more training is required for the 1911.
why do you think so many police departments issue Glocks (besides price)?
That's funny sh!t though.
They issue them so they can have glock leg!

I have shot a dozen different glocks EVERY DAMN ONE has had a failure. FTE, FTF, etc. etc.

Fanboys are fanboys for a reason....

EVERY semiauto can and WILL fail. PERIOD! End of discussion. EVERY DAMN ONE!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #15
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post

They issue them so they can have glock leg!

I have shot a dozen different glocks EVERY DAMN ONE has had a failure. FTE, FTF, etc. etc.

Fanboys are fanboys for a reason....

EVERY semiauto can and WILL fail. PERIOD! End of discussion. EVERY DAMN ONE!
Limp wrist.
Lmfao

I don't need No stinking signature.

rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #16
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Limp wrist.
Lmfao
LMFAO!!! Touche' fanboy, touche'

Need i upload video of my "limp wristing"?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #17

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1917

This is what kills me...story time!!

:caution: extreme safety precautions were taken during testing!

A friend and I were at the range, and it just so happened to be the second trip with my G22. With all the talk about extreme reliability, we decided to give it a try. It had about 300rds shot before we did any tests, no cleaning. We then proceeded to apply dirt to the pistol, bang!, failure. Ok, so I cleared the FTF, bang!, failure. This repeated several more times before I decided to strip and clean it. I put it back together, bang!, failure. WTF!! Stripped and cleaned to again, and finally it worked. So we decided to keep shooting it, but after about 100rds it started having FTF's.

We were expressing to two fellow range members that we were not impressed by the Glock. Apart from the failures, the ergonomics are terrible. Guy getting out of his car hears this and first thing he says "Not impressed by Glock!!! Have you had Proper training?"

Now, I am NOT new to shooting handguns. I've been shooting them for years, and have shot many Glocks. Seeing as we shoot on average 10,000 rds a year (this year not included), I'd say we have a little bit of experience.

The gun has continued to have the occasional failure, but for the most part it works fine. The trigger sucks though!!!

I will never buy a new Glock again. Not because this one had failures, but for the fact that IMO they are over priced. I think one can get a better pistol for the same money spent.

Annnddd let the flaming commence!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #18

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1917

I will say this. Given all the abuse we have given this pistol, it still fires. They do hold up.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

b1d.png.jpg  

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-06-2013, 04:01 AM   #20

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Lol. Well I am a certified glock expert, gunsmith and range officer and I'm telling you more training is required for the 1911.
why do you think so many police departments issue Glocks (besides price)?
That's funny sh!t though.
Hey, this is your boys making these claims.

They are right. Glocks are sophisticated.

I'm just an idiot. Glock experts themselves told me

glocks need people to have a high degree of sophisticated

training in order to operate them.

I did not say this. What do I know?