Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Why i like glocks - because they just work! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/why-i-like-glocks-because-they-just-work-93302/)

Amsdorf 07-03-2013 03:10 PM

Why i like glocks - because they just work!

Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

yogiboobooranger 07-04-2013 12:50 PM

I like Glocks for the same reason..they just work!

Amsdorf 07-04-2013 03:46 PM

Yup, there you go.

invicta8926 07-05-2013 09:26 PM

My thoughts exactly.

HeatSpitta510 07-05-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amsdorf
Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whvb0uIch0k

I own a Sig and have nothing against the proven reliable Glock pistols..as a matter of fact my next purchase will be a Glock 19..2 different great guns why not enjoy both and then some right?

therewolf 07-05-2013 11:28 PM

I can't see it.

I've just been told by the glock experts

HERE, ON THIS FORUM

that large amounts of training are needed

to keep from having a ND/AD with these

"sophisticated" pistols.

Have you had large amounts of glock

"sophisticated training" ?:confused:

mountainman13 07-05-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1295870)
I can't see it.

I've just been told by the glock experts

HERE, ON THIS FORUM

that large amounts of training are needed

to keep from having a ND/AD with these

"sophisticated" pistols.

Have you had large amounts of glock

"sophisticated training" ?:confused:

Lol. Keep the booger picker off the bang switch. No sophisticated training required.

therewolf 07-05-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1295878)
Lol. Keep the booger picker off the bang switch. No sophisticated training required.

Now, that's not what I'm being told. I'm being told by

glock experts themselves that all this training is required.

I thank GOD, I use only unsophisticated pistols like 1911s,

and 92FSs, which are safe for me.

mountainman13 07-05-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1295883)

Now, that's not what I'm being told. I'm being told by

glock experts themselves that all this training is required.

I thank GOD, I use only unsophisticated pistols like 1911s,

and 92FSs, which are safe for me.

Lol. Well I am a certified glock expert, gunsmith and range officer and I'm telling you more training is required for the 1911.
why do you think so many police departments issue Glocks (besides price)?
That's funny sh!t though.

gr8oldguy 07-05-2013 11:45 PM

I was at the range a few days ago and a friend of mine asked for some help with 9mm reloads he was having trouble with. He was shooting a glock 19. He asked me to try it out. I had never shot a glock before and didn't really know what to expect. After the first shot, I understood why people love these guns. I'm hooked and looking forward to getting my first Glock...hopefully a 19.