Why I carry a Glock for CCW - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why I carry a Glock for CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry View Post
"I carry a G-26 for CCW everyday all day long..."

Get a G27 - same size, and the .40 is a much better round for one-shot stops...
+1 on the 27, I cannot carry in my wonderful state, but when I go to PA, my 27 is on my side!

Proud Member of NJGF... Check it out!
www.NJGunForums.com

Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #32

I shot my Glock 36 for the first time on the range yesterday. The accuracy was unbeleivable. I got perfect headshots on a normal target as well as on photo targets with a perp holding a hostage.

I love the gun...it conceals perfectly.

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut

Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
The new Ruger LCR ^

Ruger LCR
I am anxious to see some user reviews of the LCR. I haven't seen one yet myself, all the gun shops in my area sell them within hours of getting them or even before that. Id like to see if the new trigger lives up to the hype.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry View Post
"I carry a G-26 for CCW everyday all day long..."

Get a G27 - same size, and the .40 is a much better round for one-shot stops...
+10 on that we want to make sure that threat doesnt move i myself would choose the .45

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 06-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #35

I've fired too many Glocks to count in my lifetime and owned 3. For a long time there wasn't anything that could compete with Glock. I have two friends that will only own Glocks, but they've never really given anything else a chance, even though there are superior handguns out there like the XD. They have the same Glock mentality I see from 99% of Glock owners. GLOCK I HAVE A GLOCK BECAUSE IT'S A GLOCK AND GLOCK IS THE BEST GLOCK. Give me a break. I have no brand loyalty. I do research and testing and make a decision based on those results. The range I fire at rents out weapons. The owner said the only guns they have never had an issue with were the XD's. You want reliability and durability? XD did the weak little Glock 1000 round torture test, but fired 1,100 rounds instead...oh, and they put 17,500 rounds through it before they even started the test. 20,000 rounds total, 0 malfunctions. You can have your Glocks I will never buy another Glock as long as XD maintains the level they are at right now.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #36

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

For me they are to tall the ergo's are all wrong for me. The feel like a block in my hand. They are good guns if you like them. But for me they just don't work. They have an unsupported chamber so I can't reload for them or they will blow my face off. Yes I know I can buy a barrel and not have to worry about that. Yet my Kimber doesn't require the purchase of an extra barrel to shoot reloads.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #37

I carry a full-sized 17 in vermont.The reason I carry a 9x19mm glock is the magazine capacity.For all My 17 round magazines I have a +2baseplate and with 1 round in the chamber thats 20 rounds instantly deployable without having to reaload or pull the slide.One problem I have with factory glocks is of course the tiny thumb-catch so I go a new longer one and put it in awsome weapon for defence especially when you have 2 extra 19 round mags.58 rounds in total is enough to make me feel secure but I like those Glock 26s great compact weapons.And I also have a .380 pocketlite better suited to a backup role.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #38

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixdeluxe1 View Post
I carry a full-sized 17 in vermont.The reason I carry a 9x19mm glock is the magazine capacity.For all My 17 round magazines I have a +2baseplate and with 1 round in the chamber thats 20 rounds instantly deployable without having to reaload or pull the slide.One problem I have with factory glocks is of course the tiny thumb-catch so I go a new longer one and put it in awsome weapon for defence especially when you have 2 extra 19 round mags.58 rounds in total is enough to make me feel secure but I like those Glock 26s great compact weapons.And I also have a .380 pocketlite better suited to a backup role.
Are there 58 BG's in all of Vermont?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello