Why I carry a Glock for CCW - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why I carry a Glock for CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
The principal reason I decided to carry a Glock for CCW is because, if I ever have to blow some BG out of his shoes, I'm not going to have to cry over surrendering one of my Colt Government Model 1911A-1's to the police, and then have to worry about how it's doing inside a cold damp evidence locker for up to a year or more.
That's a good point that I hadn't thought of, and I totally agree. As a former LEO who took care of the Property Room, I know what you mean. We had all firearms [handguns], which had to be sent to the Crime Lab for testing, stored in the boxes or large evidence envelopes they came back from the Lab in. I couldn't open them (Chain of Evidence, you know) to wipe them down or clean them. The Saturday Night Specials I could have cared less about, but I didn't want a good one (like yours) sitting on the shelf or hanging on a peg hook if I could help it. The Department was too cheap to buy or construct a special area for firearms that could be dehumidified.

In "cut & dried" cases (if such a thing exists!) such as a homeowner defending him/herself against an intruder, I'd lock the door and clean it anyway. Hey, if you catch me Boss, just put my reprimand on top of all the others.

I DID find an inexpensive accessory at the last Gun Show that alleviated all my "uneasiness" about the Glock. After carrying my 1911 on duty (locked & cocked), no external safety on the Glocks worried me a little. This accessory cost me all of about 13 bucks and is a little half-moon piece of polymer that fits behind the Glock trigger. It's adjustable for tension and with practice it pops out while drawing with your trigger finger and causes no delay in engaging a target. This now makes me feel ok about carrying a round chambered. So simple, yet comforting.

Bob

Old 08-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #22

Default Glock for CCW

I have a Glock model 22 that I Carry full time.
And I love it. Plan on buying one more model 22.

A armed man is a citizen. A unarmed man is a subject.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorst294 View Post
...They're ugly as he!!, but it's a tool, and my tools don't have to be pretty.
I'm sorry, but I think the glocks are very nice looking! They have that utilitarian beauty that a land rover defender has. It's boxy, square, tough look IS beauty!!! And the OD green glocks are even better looking than the black!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #24

Just found this forum and catching up on old posts.
This thread is interesting because I regularly carry a G26 in a pocket holster.
I tried both the G26 and the G27 as rental guns first.Both shot just fine for me.
Then I went to one-hand;both fine.
Then, I went to weak hand only; the G27 torqued too much for me.I sliced some of the tendons in my left wrist in a fall when I was a kid so don't have quite as much strength there.
I can shoot up to a snubby 10mm(G29--yesterday) weak hand, but not for long.
Anyway, I got the G26 and love it.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18891

Glock all the way !I carry a G26 or my G36 and feel quite comfortable with either.I trust my life with them.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #26

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeymike View Post
This thread is interesting because I regularly carry a G26 in a pocket holster.
What do you think about a pocket holster for the 26? It seems like it would be too big, too heavy for pocket carry. Have you carried a snubbie revolver in your pocket? Now those are light.

I was just beginning to think that a G26 or a G30 would need to be IWB or a paddle holster or something.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #27

Glocks are perfection..........but what do I know Im biased. I own six glock models (23c,27,34,17c,19c,26). I have ran about 5,000 rds thru my 23c without one FTF or FTE.

In Glock we trust.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #28

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

im with comp23, my ccw is a glock 23c my first and fav pistol. iv never had 1 person who shot my gun tell me they didnt love it and wish they bought that over their gun

Old 05-31-2009, 11:21 PM   #29

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default Glock 30 for CC?

I'm about to buy my first CC weapon. I'll be going shooting with a NRA instructor in a couple weeks so I'll get to try a binch out, but I'm thinking a Glock 30 (compact .45 ACP) would be a good carry weapon. I'm a little concerned that it's too big to pocket carry. I'm thinking IWB is the way to go with this one.

Am I right?

Would I need to also get a revolver snubbie to be able to pocket carry in slacks?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #30

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Would I need to also get a revolver snubbie to be able to pocket carry in slacks?
New and very trick!

lcr38s.jpg

The new Ruger LCR ^

Ruger LCR

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello