Why I carry a Glock for CCW - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why I carry a Glock for CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoll View Post
that guy was being stupid and advancing his stupidity. With the way he was limping, it looks like he shot himself.

Last edited by glock45acpmodel21; 03-22-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock45acpmodel21 View Post
that guy was being stupid and advancing his stupidity. With the way he was limping, it looks like he shot himself.

HE DID SHOOT HIM SELF
the funny part is right b4 he shot himself he sed im the only 1 in this room professional enough to carry this weapon
and you ask me why i need gunz the cops can protect me better than i can protect my self
a gun in the proper hands is a valuable tool
mmmm and that dude was sued by parents of the children of the school

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 04-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #13

Join and shoot in a GSSF Match and maybe you can win a Glock. I did!
I got the G17.....I wanted something cheaper to feed. My other Glocks are .40 caliber.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ive been looking into glocks for my ccw. i was looking at the g23, but there is a guy that owns a jewelry store 3 stores down from me who i know carries. the other day he was talking to me about his g27, from my experience with the g23, and his talk of the g 27, it seems to be there is not much difference?? anyone able to elaborate on the difference? on a side note, he did replace the battery in my watch for free.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #15

I had a G-26 and it was a great little CCW gun.When the G-27's got easier to come by when they were first released I bought a 27 and eventually sold the 26.IMHO it's hard to beat a Glock for hard and serious use.I'll carry a small "J" frame once in awhile but my Glock's are my go to carry guns as a rule.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #16

While I still have my trusty .45 Colt 1911, I love my Glock. Nothing wrong with the G26, but unless you're using an extended magazine, you're carrying 10 rounds of 9mm.

I prefer my G30, carrying 10 rounds of .45 ACP.

Before retiring from Law Enforcement, I developed a love for the .45 while carrying the 1911.

With the right ammo either way you've got a lot of stopping power. I prefer the Winchester Ranger STX. It's the old Talon ammo made "politically correct." A 9mm will expand to .45 size and the .45 will expand to the sixe of a basketball.

Both great weapons.

Bob

Old 06-01-2008, 04:18 AM   #17

The principal reason I decided to carry a Glock for CCW is because, if I ever have to blow some BG out of his shoes, I'm not going to have to cry over surrendering one of my Colt Government Model 1911A-1's to the police, and then have to worry about how it's doing inside a cold damp evidence locker for up to a year or more.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #18

I carry a Glock 22 at work, a Glock 26 for back-up/ concealed carry, Glock 30 in my truck and a Glock 21SF in my nightstand. I'm a Glock armoror and can actually work on my own stuff since they're so darned easy to work on. They've never let me down which is more than I can say for "some" other well respected brands. The trigger pull isn't the best, but you can easily learn to shoot well enough to end most gun fights. They're ugly as he!!, but it's a tool, and my tools don't have to be pretty.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock45acpmodel21 View Post
that a-hole is now sueing his dept for disability. he's the laughing stock of the law enforcement community. a large percentage of police officers are poorly trained in fire arms manipulation and safety. and this is coming from a cop! you wouldn't believe how many of my colleagues only shoot when it's time to qualify (every 6 monthes). it's funny how the older guys laugh at me and other recent academy graduates when we take our gunbelts home with us instead of leaving it in our locker. "What do you need that for rookie?". coming from the military sometimes i feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
that a-hole is now sueing his dept for disability. he's the laughing stock of the law enforcement community. a large percentage of police officers are poorly trained in fire arms manipulation and safety. and this is coming from a cop! you wouldn't believe how many of my colleagues only shoot when it's time to qualify (every 6 monthes). it's funny how the older guys laugh at me and other recent academy graduates when we take our gunbelts home with us instead of leaving it in our locker. "What do you need that for rookie?". coming from the military sometimes i feel like i'm taking crazy pills.
If it weren't such a serious subject, it would be almost comical how poorly some officers shoot. We qualify every six months and I've had veteran officers ask me if dropping the slide on a full magazine would chamber a round! It amazes me how unfamiliar some people are with the very firearms used to defend their life. Most could care less about their duty weapons as long as they qualify. And some actually wonder why I'm so "into" guns and shooting. This careless attitude of some officers towards such an important matter truely makes me sick, and makes us (police in general) look bad!!