Why I carry a Glock for CCW
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why I carry a Glock for CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Why I carry a Glock for CCW

Just found this site and I am enjoying reading and learning from the posts.

Anyway, thought I would give my reasons for carrying G-26's for CCW.

I carry CCW to protect myself and my family. Brands/mfg of gun don't matter. I carry a Glock, G-26. My motive is reliability and functionality. Been carrying CCW since Texas made it legal in 1995 or 1994?

I also have a Colt Mustang 380 that I have carried a lot for CCW, but I prefer and want a 9mm and more magazine capacity - so the G-26. The Mustang is little and fits in a back pocket good, but it is more finicky and I have had FTF's & FTE with it. It requires much more maintenance and tender loving care and even then I don't have the confidence in it like to I do with the Glock. So the little Mustang is likely to be sold soon.

I have a S&W 38 snubby with the covered trigger. 5 shots. Reliable. Lets face it, the revolver is the most reliable and forgiving to not cleaning and lubing. I carried it a lot and my wife has carried it a lot also. Have a Berretta 92 and it is a good shooting gun, just too big to CCW.

I tried a Kahr PM-9 due to the small size. It was great on size but totally unreliable, chronic FTF, FTE, back to the factory and finally full refund from Kahr - I cannot fault Kahr one bit for customer service - they stood behind their product and did the right thing. I just got a bad PM-9 I guess?

I looked hard at the compact XD-Springfield in 9mm, but bought the G-26.
Glocks have the proven history and reliability. After my Kahr experience I wanted to get the most reliable CCW gun. I want reliability - brand does not matter to me. Glocks have the smallest amount of components - if I am not mistaken? To me less parts is good.

I carry a G-26 for CCW everyday all day long. IWB for jeans/slacks or Smart Carry for shorts and t-shirts.
I shoot about 750 to 1,000 rounds a month of the cheapest ammunition I can buy. Wolf, CCI and Monarch - the cheap dirty stuff. The Glock eats anything I feed it reliably.
I live in Houston, walk/jog 6 miles a day. Hot, humid, sweat and rain is the norm. The finish on the Glock is good for hard service. I also work outside in the yard a lot, dirty and dusty and sweaty. I do not have to do anything to my Glocks in between shooting sessions - they always go bang. I do the recommended cleaning after each range trip and that is it. Simple.

The Glock is easy to clean. Parts are available everywhere and getting one worked on if needed is easy. But I have never had a problem that required getting my Glocks worked on.

I bought another G-26 for my wife to CCW.

I have nothing against XD's, Sig's, Kimbers, Colts, etc. I just want a simple and reliable weapon for CCW.
I will go whatever gun manufacturer makes the most reliable and fit for purpose gun for CCW. Right now that is Glocks.

Heading out to jog and then to the range to shoot. I'll post a range report - espically if we have any FTF's or FTE. After reading and posting, I think we'll take a bag full of the guns mentioned above and see what they all do. For grins.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #2

Love my GLOCKS!

GLOCK 19 G19 NS 3RD GEN
:)

Old 07-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #3

"I carry a G-26 for CCW everyday all day long..."

Get a G27 - same size, and the .40 is a much better round for one-shot stops...

Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 AM   #4

Default I also carry Glocks daily

Prefer the 21 but also carry the 17 or 19.... Hey, I just love a gun that you point and squeeze the trigger! No levers, no drill to remember, just pull the trigger the same way every time and the gun goes boom until the magazine empties!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glocks are great, but with a 1911 you get to practice Tap.Rack.Bang situations. J/K. But seriously my G27 fires evfery time, no matter what ammo, no matter what conditions.

That's why my wife has taken for hers and I will be buying another G27.

Mike

Old 07-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5mrt View Post
Glocks are great, but with a 1911 you get to practice Tap.Rack.Bang situations. J/K. But seriously my G27 fires evfery time, no matter what ammo, no matter what conditions.

That's why my wife has taken for hers and I will be buying another G27.

Mike
Mine fires every time too.... except when the recoil spring assembly breaks... or when the trigger breaks, 2 so far.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #7

Trust is the primary reason I carry a Glock too. I do alternate and sometimes might carry something else but 9 times out of 10 its a Glock. Glock has never let me down or failed to shoot every time the trigger is pulled. The Glock's accuracy and durability are frosting on the cake but nothing is easier to clean IMO.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My CCW is the Glock 23 in 40 cal. I CC it daily and live it. I am looking for a G-17 or G-19. I have a S&W 19-5 for trade if anyone know who is wanting one.

Calvin

Old 09-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #9

Default Carry Glocks

All I carry is Glocks.It my be a G26 ,G30 or G39. I change often It depends on dress. Pri carry now is G30 in OD greed. It was test fired 14 Aug I picked it up 30 Aug talk about new.
Glocks rock.
Gary

:) God Bless our Troops and Pass the ammo:)

Old 03-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #10