Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Why I carry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

And most will say just dont drink... Very true, but my point/feelings still stand

Old 07-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Bad guy - 1 Drunk "Bigger Guy" - 0

Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #43

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

Thanks for all the back up!!!
Back up in vegas baby and a .45 by my side

Old 07-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #44

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler

Back up in vegas baby and a .45 by my side
Vegas? You live in Vegas?

Old 07-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #45

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp

Vegas? You live in Vegas?
Uh yeah...

Old 07-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #46

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
...Someone should put a sign on the theater.

"Thank You for making this a gun free zone. It really worked!"
Brilliant! If I lived near there, I'd do it. This incident is still new enough and people are still hurt and angry enough to make this the perfect time to start a protest.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #47

Liked 4460 Times on 2354 Posts
Likes Given: 255

I carry a firearm so i wont be a victim. I prefer my obituary to be: at least he died fighting.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #48

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Colorado law for concealed carry states that the theater could not impose a no carry zone. I have read several legal opinions on this and they all conclude that the law, as it is written, was not capable of being denied by local or jurisdictional statements to the contrary.

While the theater could have refused service to a CCW holder if they knew ahead of time, there was nothing they could have done post shoot out if one of their customers had been carrying and chose to intervene.

As discussed many a time on here I carry because I feel a responsibility for my own safety and don't rely upon anyone else to insure that for me. I also feel somewhat responsible for those that perhaps have not been as lucky as I in travels and eye opening moments.

Many folks are jaded as they have only lived in "safe" places, been around "safe" people and haven't seen the truly ugly side of the world, until it's too damn late. Many of us here have traveled and been in less than ideal circumstances, so we have a more grounded, realistic view of the world and what it holds.

I carry because I don't want to be a situation where something really awful happens and I have to live the rest of my life thinking that I could have done something to change it.

JD