Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Why? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/why-77394/)

mountainman13 11-30-2012 02:04 AM

I just registered for the glock armorers course coming up in 6 months. Now I'm asking myself why I keep spending money on "courses". I already know the glock inside and out and I get parts pretty cheap as it is. It's gonna suck sitting through another class covering what I already know. Why do I feel the need to have all these stupid certificates?

MoreAltitude 11-30-2012 02:23 AM

I know a guy who was telling me he downloaded the course (illegally) through a internet torrent awhile ago. He offered a copy to me but I have no need, don't know exactly what's in it, or how useful it would be but it was 1.27 gigs of data and said glock armorers course as the file name.

mountainman13 11-30-2012 02:39 AM

Interesting but wouldn't get you certified.

oli700 11-30-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1032826)
Why do I feel the need to have all these stupid certificates?

your insecure and you like to brag to your friend and people you meet in the bar ?

mountainman13 11-30-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli700 (Post 1033241)

your insecure and you like to brag to your friend and people you meet in the bar ?

Lol. I don't drink.

c3shooter 11-30-2012 01:54 PM

For the same reason that I have these framed bits of paper hanging on the wall in the office.

There will come a time when I will need to demonstrate- IN ADVANCE- to someone that as a matter of fact, I AM damn expert in that particular field. They do not know me for the incredibly intelligent and witty person that I am- so they have to judge my quals by the initials behind my name, and the papers that say others have found me to know my stuff.

You may not be taking the class for additional knowledge to be gained (although sometimes there IS a nugget of learning you did not expect)- but you ARE taking the class for the CERTIFICATION that it imparts.

Griffworks 11-30-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1033251)
Lol. I don't drink.

Maybe you should start...?

:D

mountainman13 11-30-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1033261)
For the same reason that I have these framed bits of paper hanging on the wall in the office.

There will come a time when I will need to demonstrate- IN ADVANCE- to someone that as a matter of fact, I AM damn expert in that particular field. They do not know me for the incredibly intelligent and witty person that I am- so they have to judge my quals by the initials behind my name, and the papers that say others have found me to know my stuff.

You may not be taking the class for additional knowledge to be gained (although sometimes there IS a nugget of learning you did not expect)- but you ARE taking the class for the CERTIFICATION that it imparts.

Don't you hate all those stupid pieces of paper? You pay all this money and spend all this time for a piece of paper signed by someone the customer has never met but it actually makes a difference to the customer what that random person says you know. It's craziness.

oli700 11-30-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1033251)
Lol. I don't drink.

Oh, lol.....I got lots of paper and training too, what I like is to not let anyone know.

I remember once at work, I was just working with the guys , at the time we were doing work for another agency , and their sup was treating us like slaves.....the entire time I didn’t say anything....it turned into a 10 minute BS session at one point and it came to me...the usual how long, title and all....23years Battalion Chief....let the back pedaling and stutter stepping begin lol.
Sometimes I’ll get in with crews not working that hard and kinda stand around till they call the incident commander on the radio and I answer……you never saw so many lazy asses jump at once. It’s the little things in life lol

mountainman13 11-30-2012 07:42 PM

Nice. Lol..