Who's got night sights on their Glock?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Who's got night sights on their Glock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Who's got night sights on their Glock?

What brand? How are they working out for ya?

I'm debating on which ones to get...Really thinking about Tru-Glo or Ameriglo

Any opinions on which brand is better? This is my first time buying night sights.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #2

Default night sights

I just had Tru-Glo sights installed on my Glock and I'm totally satisifed with them.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Trijicon Night Sights

Trijicon Night Sights they are the best.

Trijicon, Inc. : Brilliant Aiming Solutions™

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 AM   #5

I have tried them all at one time or another---don't mean to bust your bubble but the original equipment white dot sights are by far the best for normal use ! Night sights glow in the dark and look "neat" but if you use them at night the muzzle flash will negate the pretty glow and you can't see them any better than the stock white dot sights !
I suggest that you try a set of them in a true night time scenario prior to spending the money ! My bet is that you wont be able to see your sights after the first shot,anyway !
The fact is that night sights are more difficult to obtain a daytime sight picture because they are not as brite in daylight as the standard white dot sights !
Where will the majority of your "first" shots take place--- day or night ?

Old 10-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Indyfan,

I put Tru-Glow on Glass’s duty weapon and she is extremely happy with them. She has green on the front sight and yellow on the rear and the sight picture is fast to pick up and they are reasonably priced.

Ralphhster,
I’ll have to disagree with you on the use of night sights and “if you use them at night the muzzle flash will negate the pretty glow and you can't see them any better than the stock white dot sights!”

I use and train the use of night sights and found that it is an individual thing on picking up night sights on repetitive shots. I personally have no problem keeping night sights in view on subsequent shots as long as I keep both eyes open but this is just me. I have officers who can’t find night sights in the dark at all even before shooting the first shot, and then I have officers who do lose the sight after the first shot. I also have officers who don’t like night sights and prefer normal white sights. Again, I think it is a personal thing.

Scubie

Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Have to agree with Scubie here. I had a Glock 23 for a short time (my son wanted a Glock so I traded for it) and it had the Tru-Glo TFOs on it. They are really great sights. The fiber-optics are great in the day and the tritium covers the night. If I was in the market for new night sights, these would be my choice hands down...

Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #8

Default maybe dots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
What brand? How are they working out for ya?

I'm debating on which ones to get...Really thinking about Tru-Glo or Ameriglo

Any opinions on which brand is better? This is my first time buying night sights.

Hello Indyfan just PM me, i'll send you some of these,"test" Glow-Dots,
put them on your sights temporarily and check it out, if it is not what you like you can move on, it's free to try. Just let me know a size 1/8" or 1/16"
if you don't state a size I'll send both.

If you happen to install them on a pistol, please remember to apply a small amount of colorless transparent nail polish"ON and Around", like this example, you might try on a flashlight or something else to see how they work for you.

Shihan: You are a true friend, PM me if I can do anything for you, amigo,

Live long, Gato.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 10-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #9

Default If you're not fooling around....

Get the Trigicon.

I know...pricey, but I've night qualed 100 times with my Trigicons....love them

Keep your head down!!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #10

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I have Trijicons on both my Glock 21, and my Glock 30. They are quite bright. If you purchase a handgun with night sights be sure to look at the date on the sights. Trijicon for example, puts the date on both the front and rear sights in small white numbers. "04" means the sights were manufactured in 2004. This is important because the Tritium Gas used in night sights has a half life of around 10 to 11 years. This means in 10 years the sights will be only half as bright. Some unscrupulous dealers will remove this date with Acetone, and you have no idea when they were manufactured.

You could be paying full price for old sights. This is also good to know when negotiating the price of a used handgun. Night sights can cost up to $100.00 to replace. Bill T.