When was this Glock made?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > When was this Glock made?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
Default When was this Glock made?

I al looking to swap my 23 for a 36 and the guy is not sure of the year the gun was made, and I personally want to know. The serial number is DBYXXX. I was told you can tell from the first 3 letters, but I can not find much more info then that. The Glock folks are closed on the weekends or I would call them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

__________________
cjbramlett is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Doe it really matter? Few, if any Glocks are collectible.

__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Doe it really matter? Few, if any Glocks are collectible.

I was more concerned with not getting one of the first models. I called Glockmeister and they informed me of the date on the gun, and I am glad I did. It is almost 10 years old and my pistol is 2 months old.
__________________
cjbramlett is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
I was more concerned with not getting one of the first models. I called Glockmeister and they informed me of the date on the gun, and I am glad I did. It is almost 10 years old and my pistol is 2 months old.
What's wrong with the older models? A friend has an Austrian 21 that has held up to a lot of abuse. It was one of the last Austrian pistols to be imported before the import ban.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, I'm just clueless when it comes to Glocks.
__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.


Last edited by matt g; 10-18-2008 at 05:52 PM.
matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
What's wrong with the older models? A friend has an Austrian 21 that has held up to a lot of abuse. It was one of the last Austrian pistols to be imported before the import ban.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, I'm just clueless when it comes to Glocks.
While doing research. I ran into a few articles where Glock had trouble out of some of their first 36's. I could be wrong, but the articles said it was due to this being the first thin Glock model and they fixed everything on the next year model. The gun I was looking to buy was one of the first models and could have issues the buyer is not telling me about.

It could also be perfect. but I am not willing to take any chances.
__________________
cjbramlett is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
While doing research. I ran into a few articles where Glock had trouble out of some of their first 36's. I could be wrong, but the articles said it was due to this being the first thin Glock model and they fixed everything on the next year model. The gun I was looking to buy was one of the first models and could have issues the buyer is not telling me about.

It could also be perfect. but I am not willing to take any chances.
I thought all of the problems on the thin models were generally catastrophic, KB type failures?
__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fayetteville,Arkansas
Posts: 414
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I thought all of the problems on the thin models were generally catastrophic, KB type failures?
Never heard of that personally. Search the internet for facts would be my suggestion. You can always call Glock for information about your particular pistols.
__________________
Ram Rod is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PAGLOCK23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston,PA
Posts: 21
Default

that gun was made roughly between August to October 1999. Hope this is helpful. I personally wouldn't buy and early G36 a lot of jams from what I've read.

__________________

"The difference between black and white is 2%"
G19/G23/OD G26/G27/Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS
Walther P22/ Mossberg TAC .22./PUMA 1911-22
NAA Mini 22, Ruger LCP NRA,Rossi Ranch Hand .357

PAGLOCK23 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone ever made their own gun? illusion11 DIY Projects 70 01-20-2012 02:35 AM
Made the Switch to .45!! JoshX3Magazine 1911 Forum 18 07-07-2009 07:30 PM
Who made this? tdprof General Handgun Discussion 3 03-31-2009 03:22 AM
New Discovery Made Kelly J The Club House 2 12-21-2008 02:56 AM