When was this Glock made?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > When was this Glock made?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default When was this Glock made?

I al looking to swap my 23 for a 36 and the guy is not sure of the year the gun was made, and I personally want to know. The serial number is DBYXXX. I was told you can tell from the first 3 letters, but I can not find much more info then that. The Glock folks are closed on the weekends or I would call them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Doe it really matter? Few, if any Glocks are collectible.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Doe it really matter? Few, if any Glocks are collectible.

I was more concerned with not getting one of the first models. I called Glockmeister and they informed me of the date on the gun, and I am glad I did. It is almost 10 years old and my pistol is 2 months old.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
I was more concerned with not getting one of the first models. I called Glockmeister and they informed me of the date on the gun, and I am glad I did. It is almost 10 years old and my pistol is 2 months old.
What's wrong with the older models? A friend has an Austrian 21 that has held up to a lot of abuse. It was one of the last Austrian pistols to be imported before the import ban.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, I'm just clueless when it comes to Glocks.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Last edited by matt g; 10-18-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #5

Quote:
What's wrong with the older models? A friend has an Austrian 21 that has held up to a lot of abuse. It was one of the last Austrian pistols to be imported before the import ban.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, I'm just clueless when it comes to Glocks.
While doing research. I ran into a few articles where Glock had trouble out of some of their first 36's. I could be wrong, but the articles said it was due to this being the first thin Glock model and they fixed everything on the next year model. The gun I was looking to buy was one of the first models and could have issues the buyer is not telling me about.

It could also be perfect. but I am not willing to take any chances.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbramlett View Post
While doing research. I ran into a few articles where Glock had trouble out of some of their first 36's. I could be wrong, but the articles said it was due to this being the first thin Glock model and they fixed everything on the next year model. The gun I was looking to buy was one of the first models and could have issues the buyer is not telling me about.

It could also be perfect. but I am not willing to take any chances.
I thought all of the problems on the thin models were generally catastrophic, KB type failures?

Roger Waters

Old 10-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I thought all of the problems on the thin models were generally catastrophic, KB type failures?
Never heard of that personally. Search the internet for facts would be my suggestion. You can always call Glock for information about your particular pistols.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #8

that gun was made roughly between August to October 1999. Hope this is helpful. I personally wouldn't buy and early G36 a lot of jams from what I've read.

"The difference between black and white is 2%"
G19/G23/OD G26/G27/Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS
Walther P22/ Mossberg TAC .22./PUMA 1911-22
NAA Mini 22, Ruger LCP NRA,Rossi Ranch Hand .357