Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   When was this Glock made? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/when-glock-made-7799/)

cjbramlett 10-18-2008 04:20 PM

When was this Glock made?

I al looking to swap my 23 for a 36 and the guy is not sure of the year the gun was made, and I personally want to know. The serial number is DBYXXX. I was told you can tell from the first 3 letters, but I can not find much more info then that. The Glock folks are closed on the weekends or I would call them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

matt g 10-18-2008 05:05 PM

Doe it really matter? Few, if any Glocks are collectible.

cjbramlett 10-18-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 45930)
Doe it really matter? Few, if any Glocks are collectible.

I was more concerned with not getting one of the first models. I called Glockmeister and they informed me of the date on the gun, and I am glad I did. It is almost 10 years old and my pistol is 2 months old.

matt g 10-18-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbramlett (Post 45934)
I was more concerned with not getting one of the first models. I called Glockmeister and they informed me of the date on the gun, and I am glad I did. It is almost 10 years old and my pistol is 2 months old.

What's wrong with the older models? A friend has an Austrian 21 that has held up to a lot of abuse. It was one of the last Austrian pistols to be imported before the import ban.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, I'm just clueless when it comes to Glocks.

cjbramlett 10-18-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 45939)
What's wrong with the older models? A friend has an Austrian 21 that has held up to a lot of abuse. It was one of the last Austrian pistols to be imported before the import ban.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything, I'm just clueless when it comes to Glocks.

While doing research. I ran into a few articles where Glock had trouble out of some of their first 36's. I could be wrong, but the articles said it was due to this being the first thin Glock model and they fixed everything on the next year model. The gun I was looking to buy was one of the first models and could have issues the buyer is not telling me about.

It could also be perfect. but I am not willing to take any chances.

matt g 10-18-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbramlett (Post 45942)
While doing research. I ran into a few articles where Glock had trouble out of some of their first 36's. I could be wrong, but the articles said it was due to this being the first thin Glock model and they fixed everything on the next year model. The gun I was looking to buy was one of the first models and could have issues the buyer is not telling me about.

It could also be perfect. but I am not willing to take any chances.

I thought all of the problems on the thin models were generally catastrophic, KB type failures?

Ram Rod 10-19-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 45945)
I thought all of the problems on the thin models were generally catastrophic, KB type failures?

Never heard of that personally. Search the internet for facts would be my suggestion. You can always call Glock for information about your particular pistols.

PAGLOCK23 11-08-2008 07:58 PM

that gun was made roughly between August to October 1999. Hope this is helpful. I personally wouldn't buy and early G36 a lot of jams from what I've read.