Whats all the hate for?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Whats all the hate for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default Whats all the hate for?

I have been reading a lot of folks aren't digging the idea of Glock producing the 43? Many are saying its too late to make a slimline 9mm because other companies beat them to it. That makes no sense to me. That's like saying Apple has failed as a company because they just now made a phone that's screen size is comparable to others! I may not get the 43 but I'm definitely not opposed to not getting it either! Just my thoughts...carry on

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #2

Liked 455 Times on 267 Posts

They are late to the single-stack 9mm party but I say bring it on. There's room for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

People Like This 
Old 03-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #3

Liked 354 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
They are late to the single-stack 9mm party but I say bring it on. There's room for another.
Amen. Glock really should have been bringing this project to market years ago. The fact that they didn't seems nothing short of abject failure.

But better late than never! Might be a great gun, and many of my Glockster friends should benefit. I look forward to running a few mags through one some day...but eclipsing my XDs9 would be a tall order.
People Like This 
Old 03-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4672 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 2358

I think if you peel the onion of Glock resentment, in the core you will find the misplaced American pride.

The company is conservative. They don't do "revolutionary cutting edge blah blah blah". Most gun makers compete to introduce something different, and then see what happens. Glock follows the demand.
People Like This 
Old 03-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

I did an in hand comparison some time back when I was looking for a single stack 9. There were quite a few guns involved and Ruger was late to the party with the LC9S so it did not get considered. The LC9 was considered and rejected because of the trigger. I ended up buying a Shield. I am no longer in the market but if I were I would include the Glock along with the LC9S.
People Like This 
Old 03-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 505 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 1187

After shooting the Shield and the LC9s, I like them both so I'm waiting for Glocks single stack before buying one of the three.
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Talk about a sweet single stack 9 mm, look at the Sig 938. I bought it because I was tired of waiting for Glock to figure out there was a need. I use it for my summer carry because my Glock 30 gen 4 is too big to hide in my shorts and t-shirt. Anyway, I have a number of Glocks but I prefer the sig 938 for summer carry.

Peace,
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1370 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 598

If people were expecting a pocket pistol that's the next best thing since sliced bread, then naturally they're going to be disappointed.
dango Likes This 
Old 08-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4558 Times on 2521 Posts
Likes Given: 23090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I think if you peel the onion of Glock resentment, in the core you will find the misplaced American pride.

The company is conservative. They don't do "revolutionary cutting edge blah blah blah". Most gun makers compete to introduce something different, and then see what happens. Glock follows the demand.
Yeap , American pride thing . I was one until I realized we (America) don't make much of much . To stick with USA , I'd be naked , hungry and cold ?

I'm over it and my Chevy made somewhere on the planet mutt works fine ,so does my Glocks .
rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 08-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #10
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10998 Times on 4764 Posts
Likes Given: 1806

Last time I looked, Glocks sold in the US were made in Smyrna GA.

I do not dislike Glock pistols. Any of them. It is an extremely popular pistol with LE Agencies and military around the world.

Now ask me my opinion of Gaston Glock.