Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   What Night Sights Should I get (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/what-night-sights-should-i-get-49527/)

WhaleNoises 10-09-2011 02:57 AM

What Night Sights Should I get

So I'm planning on getting a Glock 19 Gen4, and one of the few upgrades I want to do is get night sights on it. The question is what brand and color. I feel close to Trijicon because of playing video games and using ACOG sights (made my Trijicon), but I don't know whats the best for the money. I also want to get them in blue but I haven't found them anywhere. I've heard its because the blue ones are really dim and the tritium doesn't seem to last as long. Does that mean that I cant get them then? Is it better to get the front and rear sights in different colors, I assume its for faster target acquisition.

WhaleNoises 10-09-2011 06:28 PM

Wow no response....

g17frantz 10-09-2011 11:01 PM

Get the trijicons. I got mine at cheaper than dirt for $70 for my g17. Get the traditional green.

GunDoc 10-09-2011 11:39 PM

All my Glocks wear Tru-Glo TFOs and always will. You get the best of a fiber optic sight in daylight and tritium in the dark. last I checked you can get green and yellow. I have a set of the yellows and don't find them to be as bright as the greens. Tritium has a useable lifespan of about 10 years in gunsights and watches.

AOK 10-10-2011 03:14 AM

I have tried several different brands of night sights on my Glocks. Currently my favorite set has been the Trijicon HD Night Sights. I love how easy they are for quick front sight acquisition, how the rear sights are "darked out" and how easy it is for one handed manipulations. I paid $129 for them so they aren't cheap but they are worth every penny.

RecklessRegard 10-10-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunDoc
All my Glocks wear Tru-Glo TFOs and always will. You get the best of a fiber optic sight in daylight and tritium in the dark. last I checked you can get green and yellow. I have a set of the yellows and don't find them to be as bright as the greens. Tritium has a useable lifespan of about 10 years in gunsights and watches.

+1! I have TFOs on my carry gun; they are great.

RMP1394-RLTW 10-10-2011 03:55 AM

I had the TFOs on my G21and loved them. I recently got my first 1911 and put XS Big Dots on and love them even more. They take a short time to get used to but once you do the target acquisition is extremely fast. Worth a look in my opinion.

RLTW!

MrWray 10-10-2011 09:00 PM

Ive got trijicons on my G31 and my 1911 but meprolight and tru-glo are also really good..they all perform the same,you wont go wrong with any of the three

big shrek 10-11-2011 12:34 AM

If you get fiber optic sights, use a ballcap-visor light so you have enough light to make 'em work.

10 years average on Tritium sights...any maker. Your mileage may vary.

Tritium sights combined with a Laser are the best way to go, IMHO.
Me Likey Point & Shoot when it comes to home defense.

im413 10-16-2011 01:16 AM

Glock has them for$ 57.00 installed. Just send the slide to them.