Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > We want the truth!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 163 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default We want the truth!

Glockie's, tell us if what the guy in this video claims is possible.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

When I posted the video last night on the other thread, I knew he shot himself. Hence, the "Glock Leg" comment. I call bull**** on this one. But still....you want the truth....

Old 05-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
When I posted the video last night on the other thread, I knew he shot himself. Hence, the "Glock Leg" comment. I call bull**** on this one. But still....you want the truth....

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdiZLdD-24
Lol. Just wanted to get the Glockie's started. Here's a video of a guy doing the same thing to himself with a 1911, 45 acp.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=azQcMqNMMN4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DazQ cMqNMMN4

Last edited by rickster; 05-16-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

This normally occurs because people are thinking of the end result and the present action at the same time. Hence, the action occurs before the thought process is fully registered. I hope this makes sense. This is the importance of why we need to constantly practice live/dry fire on the draw. Newbies need to go slow and just dry fire. Get the motions and the normality of the draw imbedded into the brain. Go slow when starting to live fire and build up speed as you go. Oh, and keep finger off trigger until full extension of gun and acquistion of target.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #5

True. We can never be to careful and even then accidents happen.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #6

Liked 1976 Times on 1174 Posts
Likes Given: 424

If the striker spring breaks, there is still a firing pin block that must be pushed out of the firing pin channel for it to travel far enough forrward to strike a primer. This happens as the trigger is pulled. So, unless there was some obstruction in the holster, inside the trigger guard to push the trigger rearward and clear the firing pin channel, I'm gonna throw the BS flag as well. Another possibility would be if he had removed the firing pin block or was actually carrying in a pocket without a holster allowing something to get in the trigger guard and pulling the trigger. Or he jus thad his finger on the trigger.

About a month before I transfered from Gerogia, we had a sailor who shot himself in the lower leg with a 1911. He was seated and getting ready to take his gun apart to clean it. I asked him if he had his finger on the trigger, and he said he did. At least he owned up to it.

I've never seen "purple irrigation solution" Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but usually we just use sterile water or saline. We did the same thing for the guy who shot himself with his 1911. After x-ray confirmed not fragments, we just irrigated it out, and monitored. We did give him pain meds too, but his went through the calf and exited through the shin. Missed botht the tibia and fibula, all the major nerve branches and blood vessels. Dude was lucky (for a guy who shot himself with a .45).

Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #7

Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

dude shot himself plain and simple,sh*t happens own up to it and next time he should keep his finger off the trigger.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8441 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

If the striker spring breaks..... would that not mean that there is no longer a compressed spring to drive the striker forward?

Sorry, does not make sense to me. Needs to check the clearance in between the earplugs.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 05-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Guns do not launch bullets unexpectedly without someone or something doing some trigger yanking or someone monkeying around with the internals.

Put any gun on the ground with it cocked on a live round it simply will not go off before it rusts to pieces. Same thing with cars. Park one on a flat surface and it will rust to pieces long before it works up the urge to go on a gang style drive by.

I despise everything glock but they dont just load themselves and shoot people on a whim

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #10

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I'm thinking that he needs to put down the crack pipe and take two steps back before he shoots something he really needs one day. Yeah he shot himself.

"Sorry, does not make sense to me. Needs to check the clearance in between the earplugs." c3shooter

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.