Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Wanting to buy wife a Glock, which one? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/wanting-buy-wife-glock-one-37166/)

kentuckynet 01-21-2011 03:04 AM

Wanting to buy wife a Glock, which one?

Hello, Im wanting to buy my wife a glock, she has small hands, are all Glock's the same size?
I realize there are different calibers but the actual size of the pistol is what im asking!

Thanks for your help
Kentucky

utf59 01-21-2011 08:46 PM

They make full-size, compact and subcompact. The grip sizes in 9mm, .40 and .357 Sig are all the same size. Holsters are interchangeable. Even the .357 and .40 mags are interchangeable.

The .45 and 10mm double-stack grips are the same size, though larger than the 9mm, etc. There's a .45 single stack, which would have a narrower grip than the double-stack .45, though I'm sure it would be the same size front-to-rear as the double-stack.

Glock makes a .380. I don't know if it's the same size as the 9mm et al., or if it's smaller.

danf_fl 01-21-2011 09:01 PM

Then buy her shoes, dress, and anything else that you think fits.

She would be more willing to carry the one SHE picks out.

You can still provide advice.

Overkill0084 01-21-2011 09:03 PM

Does she even want a Glock? Firearms are personal things, let her pick what she wants. Take her gun shopping and see what she likes.

kentuckynet 01-21-2011 09:27 PM

Yes she likes the glock but she doesnt care either!

I want her to have a pistol that will fire no matter what everytime she squeezes. Thus the glock.....

Thanks for replies but i guess i still dont know what to look for?

I guess the compact or subcompact?

She has little hands thus needing a small grip..........

danf_fl 01-21-2011 09:32 PM

Take her to a gunshop, sports store, or anywhere else that sells handguns.

You have a price in mind already, and if I can tell you a secret, most any handgun in that same price range will be effective if the users manual is followed.

If you go cheaper, expect problems.

indyfan 01-22-2011 04:52 AM

Go for the Compact Glocks

Glock 19 or Glock 23

If that doesn't work, go for the interchangeable Gen 4 models

Shihan 01-22-2011 05:11 AM

You may want to rethink getting her a Glock only due to the reasons you listed.

How much firearm experience does she have? Is she familiar with firearm safety?

You may want to get her a revolver if it is going to be her first gun. Allow her plenty of range time and some basic firearm instruction. Just my opinion.

kentuckynet 01-22-2011 12:59 PM

She;s been hunting with me for years, she's been to nome alaska and killed caribou, to colorado killing elk and here at home killing whitetails...she's quite familiar with weapons just has small hands.

Back to my original question which glock fits the smallest hands.....

thanks

hunter Joe 01-22-2011 01:08 PM

Let her shoot the Gen-4 17 or 19. Both are 9 mm with a double recoil spring and a shorten length of pull.