Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Update on glock misfire finally the pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well I'm sure it really was an accident. Most people who shoot themselves on purpose don't go for the leg. That's no excuse for stupidity though.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #42

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

He was that quick with a belt? Sounds like a plot of two gay lovers to get the obstructive roommate out if the way
Edit:spelling was crap

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Last edited by pagj17; 07-19-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #43
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Did you actually even see it happen? Because just like I asked you if you were trying to cover up a dumb ass mistake, it sounds like he is if he's telling you all this.
Very likely. Not everyone would own up to a dumbass move like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
Dumb F'n a$$holes should never own, possess, or touch firearms.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
He was that quick with a belt? Sounds like a plot of two gay livers to get the obsttuctive movement out if the way
)
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #44

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
He was that quick with a belt? Sounds like a plot of two gay livers to get the obsttuctive movement out if the way
Hahahahaha

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I smell boolchit, I just don't know where it's coming from.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #46

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'll be honest, I've done some stupid stuff and thought up a real quick excuse that didn't make me look like an idiot. I think we all have.

I had an ND once. It really was a stupid thing that didn't really require an excuse, the truth is bad enough. I was somewhere between 12 and 14 years old, sitting in a tree stand with my grandfather's model 70. I had sat there so long my hands had become numb from the cold. Into my firing lane strutted what had to be about the biggest buck I'd ever seen. I completely over reacted, tried to throw the rifle to my shoulder, and it slipped from my cold, stiff fingers. I fumbled for a second, trying to stop what I knew was going to be a bad thing from happening, but there was no saving the situation, and I watched in horror as that beautiful rifle tumbled end over end towards the ground. It landed standing straight up on the butt, went off, and punched a .30 caliber hole in the seat just a couple inches from my right butt cheek. I then looked up, and the buck stood there for a moment, staring at me almost as if he were wanting to laugh. He bent his head down, chomped up another mouthful of rye grass, and pranced away.

I learned a couple of things from the situation. Slow down. KEEP THE SAFETY ENGAGED UNTIL READY TO FIRE! I wasn't sitting there with the safety off, but I flicked it off as I was trying to shoulder it. I also wear gloves, or at least keep a pair handy.

My point is, every one makes mistakes, some stupid, some careless (mine falls into both categories), and some unfortunately are almost unavoidable (maybe .0001 percent, if even that much). What your friend did was beyond stupid and careless. Not getting a malfunctioning weapon fixed was tempting fate. It's No better than playing Russian roulette with a full cylinder.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #47
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

here is a link to my post on the subject of accidental discharge.

I called it: It happens to everyone...

Quite a lesson IMO.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68082

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
here is a link to my post on the subject of accidental discharge.

I called it: It happens to everyone...

Quite a lesson IMO.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68082
I really Wanna read this but am getting an error message is it to long to post on the page?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #49

Quote:
I'll be honest, I've done some stupid stuff and thought up a real quick excuse that didn't make me look like an idiot. I think we all have.

I had an ND once. It really was a stupid thing that didn't really require an excuse, the truth is bad enough. I was somewhere between 12 and 14 years old, sitting in a tree stand with my grandfather's model 70. I had sat there so long my hands had become numb from the cold. Into my firing lane strutted what had to be about the biggest buck I'd ever seen. I completely over reacted, tried to throw the rifle to my shoulder, and it slipped from my cold, stiff fingers. I fumbled for a second, trying to stop what I knew was going to be a bad thing from happening, but there was no saving the situation, and I watched in horror as that beautiful rifle tumbled end over end towards the ground. It landed standing straight up on the butt, went off, and punched a .30 caliber hole in the seat just a couple inches from my right butt cheek. I then looked up, and the buck stood there for a moment, staring at me almost as if he were wanting to laugh. He bent his head down, chomped up another mouthful of rye grass, and pranced away.

I learned a couple of things from the situation. Slow down. KEEP THE SAFETY ENGAGED UNTIL READY TO FIRE! I wasn't sitting there with the safety off, but I flicked it off as I was trying to shoulder it. I also wear gloves, or at least keep a pair handy.

My point is, every one makes mistakes, some stupid, some careless (mine falls into both categories), and some unfortunately are almost unavoidable (maybe .0001 percent, if even that much). What your friend did was beyond stupid and careless. Not getting a malfunctioning weapon fixed was tempting fate. It's No better than playing Russian roulette with a full cylinder.
Very well said trip I 100% agree

Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #50

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:

I have an old revolver that you could use to play Russian roulette with a full cylinder, and have a decent chance of survival....

But she stays locked away.