Undercut The Trigger Guard?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Undercut The Trigger Guard?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
BRL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Undercut The Trigger Guard?

Sorry if this question has been discussed to death, but I was wondering how many of you believe there is an improvement in the feel of your Glock's grip feel with this modification?

I have removed the squared portion in front of the trigger guard on my G20, and now it re-enters my Kramer IWB holster without giving me that slight hesitation that makes me wonder if maybe something that has gotten into the trigger guard and is about to unpleasantly surprise me.

But I really don't see that a person could remove enough material from under the guard to make a whole lot of difference without compromising the strength of the guard itself, of course I could be mistaken.

Reason I'm wondering is because I cut down the grip frame to accept G29 magazines and questioned whether or not undercutting the guard would help me keep my pinky finger on the hand grip without the use of a Pearce +0 Grip extension.

Any feedback from those of you that have this modification done on your Glock?

Last edited by BRL; 08-02-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #2

Liked 98 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 108

There is a pretty big crowed out their who love the trigger guard mods, I have handled one before that was undercut at the grip and it did feel a bit more comfortable because the gun sank lower into the grip, that being said I do not like it enough to do it to any of my glocks. From the size of your hands looks like you would have to remove 90% of it to get your pinki back onto the grip and for your average Joe that's fine as their guns never get used anyway but it's up to you to take the risk and cut that deep into it.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I undercut my G-20C, but do not feel much of a difference. Add a +2 extension and gain some more area to grab

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 206 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I undercut the rear of the guard on my competition guns if it is allowed by the division rules.
Just on the right side----they tend to whack the middle joint on my middle finger and a little
dremel work eliminates the pain. It really is up to the individual. Grip, hand size, maybe getting
a little arthritis in the joints--all factors.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:33 AM   #5
BRL

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I undercut my G-20C, but do not feel much of a difference. Add a +2 extension and gain some more area to grab
Actually the Pearce +0 provides plenty of room to allow my pinky to help grasp the grip but I like to carry it as concealed as possible most times.

I'll probably just leave the trigger guard undercut alone because I sometimes shoot some warm 10mm loads and it would be awful if the guard cracked because I wanted to try to gain a little more purchase on the grip.

As far as a +2 extension goes, I can still use the original 15 round magazines although it looks a little odd sticking out of the bottom.

I have carried one as a spare on my belt though.

You can see how much grip I removed when compared to my friends G21 that had the same size grip as my G20.

It really does conceal much better now.