Trying to Understand Glock - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Trying to Understand Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

GLOCK sucks. Lol! I'm kidding. They really are fine guns. Doesn't mean I have to own one.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #22

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Just a friendly reminder about the home for unwanted Glocks I operate. I'll even pay the shipping to take the neglected tuppeware pistols off your hands.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #23

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

OK so ill answer this since no one really has yet. And to get it out of the way, I don't own a Glock any more. So....yes everything you mentioned is a selling point. Glocks appeal to the fan boys for other reasons as well. What did it for me was the simplicity of them. In most cases, the more complicated you make a machine, reliability is effected. Easy to field strip, easy to exchange parts and easy to maintain, even for an amateur. For a semi-auto, there's not another manufacturer who can come close in that department. Glocks don't require much lubrication at all to remain reliable. Safety was another attraction for me. They are extremely safe. Innovation and history was another one for me. Consumers like to buy innovative technology. First mass produced polymer pistol. If memory serves, first semi-auto pistol to offer polygonal rifling. (Could be wrong)
As well as first to use a tenifer finish I believe.
They are rugged, reliable and safe. I will own another one.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy
Vee_Kay Likes This 
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The Person that started this thread just likes to stir people up. They don't care about the Gun in Question just bored i Guess. But I'll bite The glock Fits My hand I'm a big guy they just do. the colt 1911's are the Cadillac of hand guns wouldn't own the car or the gun if you gave them to me. I do have a Taurus snub nose and a sig 22. but for a semi auto i like the glocks, but I'm also fussy about cal. I have the g19 and the G21. As for the cult following If some one tells me where the commune or the compound is I'll gladly move there with my wife the G19 is hers . till then I'll have to just face Austria every night and pray to the founder and safety of the good ppl who make these fine guns

Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #25

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I like all kinds of guns!! I've stated that I will own a Ruger SR1911, hopefully soon!!. Anyways, it just seems that there are alot of 1911 "FANBOYS" in this forum. Like this thread, why even make this thread! He had his answer already before he even posted! If a Glock fan would've started a thread it would be over run by 1911 fans saying this is crap!! You probably can start a thread about "How does grass grow?" and someone will bring up 1911 vs. Glock!!!! I'm just trying to say that both guns are great weapons!! Why all the **** talking? Everybodys hands are different and everybody has different tastes!!!
Exactly. 1911 are great but if you spend alot of time in a vehicle they are not very comfortable. I have a pretty good assortment of handguns and carry a XD-9 sub compact and prior to that a CZ-P07 9 MM. Alot of people get hung up on the caliber of the round being fired but in the end its accuracy that matters most. All this being said, carry what you find most comfortable and reliable but the simple fact is, and history proves it, there isn't a simpler more reliable weapon than a Glock.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Glocks cure cancer and make any man irresistable to women. They can also blow bubbles.

Seriously dude your mind is made up. What do you expect us to say?
People Like This 
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #27

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, I can see this has degenerated into a lot of projection, speculation etc. I didn't mention a 1911 at any time. That was inserted as a total projection by someone who feels the need to turn this into another 1911 vs Glock thread. Or, feels the need to ridicule 1911's or 1911 proponents.

If you'd like me to address 1911's - I've owned a Detonics Combat Master since 1983, and am finding it too heavy at this point - it's a real chunk of stainless steel + bullets = heavy. And yes, I carry it in a really good holster + custom gunbelt. I also have a Springfield EMP, and while I like the size, I'd like something with more capacity in close to the same size.

I'm honestly just trying to understand the "enthusiast" attitude of people who seem to think Glock is the be-all and end-all in pistols - as opposed to the other pistols I've mentioned.

As for price, the XDm and M&P's are competitive with Glock and function equally as well. You have to understand that in 1911's I also don't buy into "Colt - because it's the original" mindset either as a legitimate reason for buying a specific 1911 manufacturer for other than pure collecting purposes.

As for CZ's - I find them an interesting alternative, but I've never seen one or shot one. No gun dealers where I live stock them and I'm hesitant to order one sight unseen as I'd have NO idea what to order, whether I'd like the form factor, trigger, contols, etc.

Thanks for the useful responses - as for the other responses.....not so much. I'll ask a friend to try out his Glocks again...but, I'm still inclined (at this point) towards the M&P compact after going and handling the H&K one more time.

Last edited by buckhorn_cortez; 05-25-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

To understand the tupperware, one must first BE the tupperware. ommmmmmmmm

Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #29

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
To understand the tupperware, one must first BE the tupperware. ommmmmmmmm
Hee...hheee..heee....I like that one. Have two tupperware guns, an XDm and an FN-X and like both of them. My wife also shoots an XDm 5.25 in action pistol and is close to being able to outshoot me at this point - I beat her on speed..... but she's is a-c-c-u-r-a-t-e.

Last edited by buckhorn_cortez; 05-25-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #30

Liked 340 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

OP

Are you fanatical about something? Anything? If so why?

Understanding why people do the things they do is next to impossible. Give it up.