Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Trying to Understand Glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/trying-understand-glock-65093/)

buckhorn_cortez 05-25-2012 12:41 AM

Trying to Understand Glock

I have shot Glocks over a number of years, but never owned one. I'm trying to understand the fascination (cult following?) with Glocks as I just don't seem to "get it."

Without resorting to the following hackneyed explanations, can anyone give me a reason or number of reasons people are so invested in Glocks when compared to SIG's, HK's, M&Ps, XDm's, etc?

I don't care to hear any of the following "reasons" - as they're not reasons they're self justifications.

1. "It goes bang everytime I pull the trigger." - totally unremarkable - all of my guns do that without fail.

2. "My Glock only costs $xxx." - don't care, cost for me is not a make or break .

3. "Lots of after market parts." - fine if you want to customize - I'm interested in a bone stock carry gun.

4. "Holds xx number of rounds." - yeah, lots of pistols hold the same amount.

5. "Choice of many police forces." - can point at a number of manufacturers and say the same thing as well as armed forces - e.g. - SEALS use SIGS, etc.

Now, can someone help me understand their fascination with Glocks without resorting to the trite one-liners?

Let me say that I appreciate the robust design and inexpensive throw away level price - but beyond that...??

rifleman1 05-25-2012 12:45 AM

sounds like you already know you named off all the qualities other the ergonomics are great easy to operate in high stress situations makes for a very good self defense gun.

mountainman13 05-25-2012 12:53 AM

How's this?

trip286 05-25-2012 12:54 AM

Trying to understand GLOCK and their fan base is like trying to understand women. Give up for the sake of your sanity.

mountainman13 05-25-2012 12:55 AM

Yeah just learn to enjoy them. Lol

LikeABoss 05-25-2012 12:55 AM

Exceptionally Engineered and Simple

buckhorn_cortez 05-25-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 813203)
Trying to understand GLOCK and their fan base is like trying to understand women. Give up for the sake of your sanity.

That's the best answer so far....I can relate to that.

trip286 05-25-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Yeah just learn to enjoy them. Lol

Exactly. Except I don't have to learn to enjoy a woman. I'm quite enjoying one right now....

buckhorn_cortez 05-25-2012 12:58 AM

"Glock buried 2 years"

Don't care - doesn't prove much to me. I don't plan on burying a gun - I plan on shooting it.

buckhorn_cortez 05-25-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1 (Post 813192)
sounds like you already know you named off all the qualities other the ergonomics are great easy to operate in high stress situations makes for a very good self defense gun.

Not much different than the XDm or FNx that I own. I'm looking for a smaller pistol. So far, the M&P Compact and H&K P2000 are what I've been looking at.