Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Truglo tfo install on g22 rtf (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/truglo-tfo-install-g22-rtf-61059/)

nickel1911 03-25-2012 04:52 PM

Truglo tfo install on g22 rtf

Hey guys. I just picked up a set of truglo tfo sights for my g22 rtf and I'd like to install them myself. I've been looking at several options like a specialized pusher tool to the universal pusher tools (all on back order btw) to the tried and true brass punch and hammer. I've read that the tfo sights are a pain to install with the sight pushers because the sight has an unorthodox profile. Just looking for some feedback from anyone who has installed this combination and the methods they've used to do so. thanks! Any advise and feedback is appreciated

mountainman13 03-25-2012 05:50 PM

Brass punch and rubber mallet always work for me.

dango 03-29-2012 11:03 PM

I always take it to the gun smith , if he screws up , he fixes up , but , good luck!

Gatoragn 03-30-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango (Post 756051)
I always take it to the gun smith , if he screws up , he fixes up , but , good luck!

+1 on this, if you don't have a sight pusher.

nickel1911 03-30-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango

I've thought about just taking it to a smith and paying the few bucks that it costs to install the sights, but I'd rather give it a shot (no pun intended) myself. If I get in over my head I'll bring him the pieces to fix. Lol
Thanks for the advice!

mountainman13 03-30-2012 01:33 AM

Fair warning. I always charge extra to fix someone else's work.

nickel1911 03-30-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Fair warning. I always charge extra to fix someone else's work.

Thanks for the warning sir. Would the rear sight be a pricy fix? I've already replaced the front sight flawlessly. I'm very careful so if I had to bring the sight in to a smith, it would be because it wouldn't fit or was just to hard for me to comfortably push it through. I would never try to force it or do anything reckless.

PlasticGunner 03-30-2012 12:23 PM

The rear sight is the hard part, I did it my self with out a problem but it does need to be forced in. I recommend taking it to a Smith. I did not due to it was my only gun at the time and I did not to be with out it.

mountainman13 03-30-2012 01:03 PM

Just take your time. Closely compare the old and new sight. It should go in from the right side but there have been times where I've found it better from the left. Usually the front sight is more trouble. You should be able to handle it.

nickel1911 03-30-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlasticGunner
The rear sight is the hard part, I did it my self with out a problem but it does need to be forced in. I recommend taking it to a Smith. I did not due to it was my only gun at the time and I did not to be with out it.

This is not my primary sd weapon so I could send it to the smith and not worry about being unprepared. That is a good point though