Trouble with Advantage Arms conversion kit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Trouble with Advantage Arms conversion kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Trouble with Advantage Arms conversion kit

Hi guys...

New to the forum and have a question for you:

I recently purchased an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 17. I took it to the range today and was extremely disappointed in the performance, or lack thereof.

Background:
Thoroughly cleaned slide and barrel prior to use. Used only CCI MiniMags as per manufacturers recommendation. Used new magazine and one slightly used magazine.

Result:
My rate of FTF was 25%! It was maddening. The slide did not lock back after last round ejected either.

I brought it home, cleaned it and noticed a small score or stake mark on the top edge of the barrel/breech. It looks like it is a deliberate score or stake mark but I really can't tell. Not sure if that has anything to do with my failures to feed.

I have inserted a few images of the barrel/breech and the result of the FTF on my .22 ammo - bent the bullets all to hell.

Any suggestions from those who own a AA conversion kit??

Thanks!

Update: Heard from AA and they have been helpful in trying to diagnose the issues. May be mag related, lube related and/or positioning of my left thumb on the slide. The notch on the breech is also normal. More testing to determine true cause.

Last edited by dennab; 10-07-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #2

Somebody been dryfiring the kit and has peened the chamber over.

Find a gunsmith with a 22 reamer and it is a quick fix.

OR IF it can that way, mail the kit back to Advantage and they will fix it !

Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 AM   #3
ET1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
Somebody been dryfiring the kit and has peened the chamber over.

Find a gunsmith with a 22 reamer and it is a quick fix.

OR IF it can that way, mail the kit back to Advantage and they will fix it !

This is your answer. My AA conversion kit is 100% with the CCI's or Remington Golden Bullets. Looks like the ping in the chamber is the problem.