Trigger Without Safety Tab? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Trigger Without Safety Tab?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Maybe you can make it smoother, but removing it completely or gluing it (disabling it) is a lawsuit waiting to happen if by some miracle you manage to have a negligent discharge.

I can hear the DA talking about how the safety was tampered with and of course Glock will be free of any responsibility since you disabled one of their 3 well thought safeties.

Not to mention that if you ever sell the gun, you'll be liable if the next owner have some sort of accident with the gun, or to sell it in good standing a new trigger assembly have to be bought and installed.

IMO if it bothers you that much sand it smooth with the other surface, or maybe Glock isn't the gun for you and get another brand without that thingy

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Maybe you can make it smoother, but removing it completely or gluing it (disabling it) is a lawsuit waiting to happen if by some miracle you manage to have a negligent discharge.
I thought I had seen some aftermarket triggers without the safety tab (?) Install one and then you would avoid having it look as though it had been intentionally modified to defeat a safety.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #13

I agree that there may be liability concerns if I modify the trigger assembly.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but having been in law enforcement and the Marine Corps, the tab on both my G21 and G23 doesn't lay flush with the trigger face when firing.

No, it's not causing me to scream in pain but it's like have a great pair of comfortable shows with a pebble in the heel. Okay, how's that for an analogy? !?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
It's the size of the fight in the dog!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #14

"Shoes" not "shows"......

It's not the size of the dog in the fight.
It's the size of the fight in the dog!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #15

I also have a problem with the Safety Action tab on my Glock 17, Gen 4. If you have bigger hands, or longer fingers, you probably do not have the problem that I do. Sometimes the tab sticks out further from its slot than at other times. When it is sticking too far and I try to place my finger on the trigger, I end up pushing the tab just enough sideways, causing it to hang up or bind, preventing me from pulling the trigger, unless I readjust the position of my finger. If the tab is not sticking out like this, I can easily pull the trigger without being hampered.