Trigger job for Glock 17
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Trigger job for Glock 17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 710 Times on 380 Posts

Default Trigger job for Glock 17

Does any one know of a good drop in trigger kit. I want something with a light pull and minimal creep and over travel .i know they make adjustable kits but want a tuned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited by Sgt_Skrb_25; 04-12-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #2

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2020 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 6005

Many of us have been waiting years (or decades) for a better trigger....
I tried a Ghost 3.5 and while it lightened the trigger, more mush and no feel. I reinstalled the stock parts.

My greatest improvement in trigger was when I swapped out the Glock for a 1911.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 445 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

I installed the Ghost trigger , found it to be a huge improvement. If you don't like it, changing back is easy. The cost is about $25.

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Many of us have been waiting years (or decades) for a better trigger....
I tried a Ghost 3.5 and while it lightened the trigger, more mush and no feel. I reinstalled the stock parts.

My greatest improvement in trigger was when I swapped out the Glock for a 1911.

I got a few 1911's , I wanted this to be a project gun. I just hate the trigger. I was looking at the Pyramid Complete drop in kit for $179. So far looks to be good and great reviews.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I installed the Ghost trigger , found it to be a huge improvement. If you don't like it, changing back is easy. The cost is about $25.
I will agree than installation and removal is easy. A little study and the parts are easily removed and re-installed. I had the 3.5 lb kit with all the new springs. I carefully kept the old parts.

Both my son and I were looking for an improvement in trigger feel. Take-up, Creep, release. Nothing improved, it only felt lighter with less feel.

Both of us determined that the lighter trigger did not improve the firearm for carry, in fact we felt it might be easier for a inadvertent trigger contact to cause a discharge.

Other feel differently, but that is my experience.

And yes, Re-Installation of stock parts was as easy as could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
I got a few 1911's , I wanted this to be a project gun. I just hate the trigger. I was looking at the Pyramid Complete drop in kit for $179. So far looks to be good and great reviews.
Let us know what you think. $179 is more than i want to spend on the 17.

I'll have to look up some reviews tho' wonder if it is 'good and great' compared to stock Glock or to a great trigger. (i.e. 1911)

Old 04-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #6

Default Trigger job for Glock 17

I'll do a product review on it when I get it. I started a product review I. Te AR thread that people like, I'll start it I'm here .

Old 04-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #7

Liked 2219 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 820

If you want a crisp trigger it involves a hammer. Get a 1911 or one of the better made SA/DA guns on the market. I love the Glock for what it is a quick shooting self defense pistol. The mushy Glock trigger is leap years ahead of most DA only pistols on the market.

The OP seems to be bored with shooting a static target at 15 yards. Get 8 targets spaced from 3 to 25 yards and learn to shoot them all quick. You will learn where the Glock excels.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #8

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2033

I own both springfields and glocks, if you want a great trigger its in the Springfield XD series, not the xds or the xdm series .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #9

Most know that I am not a fan of the Glock Trigger, and we have all offered something other than a Glock as the solution.

I'm interested in $179 actually makes a Glock Trigger better. I won't spring, but will watch closely.

As for as XD's, still not a match for a good 1911 trigger in my opinion.

I think one of the problems of the striker fired pistols is that the trigger has to continue cocking the dang thing.

An even smooth, non dragging spring and parts are the only fix I can think of. And lord knows their are a bunch of attempts out there.

I like Smith and Wesson triggers on their older revolvers. Fired Single Action, there is not much better. Double action is still a smooth, predictable pull with sound and feel feedback. If your basis for comparison is a S&W or a 1911, it's pretty tough to come close,

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 04-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If you want a crisp trigger it involves a hammer. Get a 1911 or one of the better made SA/DA guns on the market. I love the Glock for what it is a quick shooting self defense pistol. The mushy Glock trigger is leap years ahead of most DA only pistols on the market.

The OP seems to be bored with shooting a static target at 15 yards. Get 8 targets spaced from 3 to 25 yards and learn to shoot them all quick. You will learn where the Glock excels.

I have a few 1911's, and a Sig , Glock was going to be the project gun. I just want to build it to my liking. I've never shot one with an aftermarket trigger , but it has to be better than the stock trigger