Trigger bar Question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Trigger bar Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Trigger bar Question

Hello, We'd like to change out the trigger bars in our gen 4 glock 17 & 26 to gen 3 trigger bars. We think the bump may be causing a drag on the trigger.
Changing out to gen 3 might help smooth up the trigger. Plus it looks like a place to wear out the slide faster than in the gen 3 with no bump.
Is changing them out going to cause any problems.
Thanks
Clancy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am unsure as well. At the armorers course they told us that only a few Gen 4 parts can go in pre Gen 4 models, the trigger bar was not one of those parts listed. However, a lot of people are doing this. I have a hard time believing that Glock took a step backwards in design between the Gen 4 and Gen 3 trigger bars. As with all Glock triggers the more you shoot it the better it gets. The bump does cause a different feel in the trigger which reduces the smoothness of it. I would try oiling the bump and section of the slide that it rubs on and see if that helps improve it. I am unsure if these are duty guns or not, as with any CC gun I would refrain from any modification but if this is for target or competition then why not try it out and report back to us on your findings. As for the slide wear comment it may take the coating off but I don't think it would do anything that would affect the reliability of the gun. Hope this helps a little.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 07-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #3

Likes Given: 1

Default It Works

Hi Folks, Changed out the connector to 3.5 OEM and the trigger bar to gen 3 in my gen 4 17.. Its working perfect. very smooth. I will be at the range with it this weekend " defensive pistol shoot " and will report back ..

Thanks folks,

Clancy