Thinking of changing trigger spring

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Thinking of changing trigger spring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
flw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thinking of changing trigger spring

My G23 Gen 4 comes with 5.5 lb trigger spring. To reduce barrel drop, I'm thinking of change to the 3.5 lb trigger spring.

Has anyone done this and what are your thoughts? Also what did it cost you if you had someone do it for you?

After the first or second mag is when I see my shots starting to drop.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I would change the connector before I would change the spring. I think you would get the most for your money. They are usually 20 bucks. I've had good luck with ghost brand. Easy to put in. You can do it yourself. YouTube has some good videos

Old 04-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 200 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 630

Default Glock Trigger

I have a 17 & a 22. I have installed the "Ghost 3.5lb " trigger kit in both. The kit comes with the connector & three springs and is drop in installation. There is a video on Utube to help. They also make a trigger connector that has to be fitted if you want to work with it.
The improvement was a smooth lighter pull and shorter reset. If you don't like it, it's very easy to change back.
When ever I work on a semi auto trigger, I load only two rounds in the magazine for test firing.
I read somewhere that Glock was/is offering a 3.5 lb connector.