suggestions for mods on my G27 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > suggestions for mods on my G27

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67
Thanks fellas, as far as practice, we all need that-always. Been shooting all my life, Desert Storm Vet, owner of a few pistols, the G27 being my newest and my CCW. I understand the legality of mods to my carry pistol, just would like an explanation on trigger jobs and how they work, reducing trigger slop/travel, shorter reset ect...and what is the 25 CENT TRIGGER JOB? I know it involves polishing parts. Can anyone explain? Much appreciated. D.

Sent from my iPod touch using FirearmsTalk
For a carry piece I'd just recommend the 4.5# ghost connector. Takes 5 minutes to install and improves the trigger pull significantly. The trigger is more crisp, and I feel the reset is better although it doesn't technically do so. My follow up shots are tighter grouped and I can get rounds down range quicker. I'd also recommend a steel guide rod ro control muzzle flip as well as recoil buffer. If you shoot reloads and/or want better accuracy, kkm precision barrel. After all of those mods on my g17, I'm pretty dang deadly w/my Glock.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Sweet. Sounds good to me G17frantz. I will check those out for sure. Thanks fellas for all of the info! D.

PROUD DESERT STORM VETERAN, N.R.A. Member

Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #13

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

You could try out some new talon grips

Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #14

One thing I do to all of mine is put an extended slide lock lever on it. It makes a huge difference when locking the slide back for malfunction clearing, and it's easier to release the slide with it if that's your thing. I'm a slingshot guy though.

On the topic of triggers, I had a Ghost Rocket Trigger Kit in the G17 Gen4 that I had, and I didn't like it. While it did make the trigger lighter and eliminate overtravel, it also made the trigger very mushy IMO, as well as lighten the reset, and I prefer a very audible and tangible reset.

I just picked up a G19 Gen3 a few days ago, and I've ordered a Scherer 3.5 connector and NY1 Trigger spring for it. The combination of the two is supposed to not change the pull weight much, but smooth the pull out and make it more like a nice DA Revolver trigger.

We'll see, if I don't like it, I'll take it out. Both parts only cost about $15 combined.

Depending on how much money you're wanting to spend, you should check out GlockTriggers.com custom competition drop-in triggers for Glocks and more specifically, the Skimmer. It's a trigger designed for Carry, made from Glock OEM parts, and is supposed to be a superb trigger. Retails for about $160 though.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #15

I have talon grips on mine with Gap floorplates from here GAP Enterprises Floor Plates for Glock 26, 27, 33 - Glock Accessories
They do not add any length to the grip but do support the third finger which is a great help. I also have a kKM 9mm conversion barrel for mine along with two G26 mags that I use for range work. It works great, you get two pistols in one.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks, please let me know how that turns out for you Fred, that's what I'm looking for is smoother trigger action for sure. The trigger for 160.00 $ that could go towards a a 9mm or 357 sig barrel like bolling suggested, I'll pass on that one. A little pricey for just a trigger. Keep me in the know for sure I'm totally interested how your system you ordered works for ya! Thanks! Love this site! D.

PROUD DESERT STORM VETERAN, N.R.A. Member

Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
Thanks, please let me know how that turns out for you Fred, that's what I'm looking for is smoother trigger action for sure. The trigger for 160.00 $ that could go towards a a 9mm or 357 sig barrel like bolling suggested, I'll pass on that one. A little pricey for just a trigger. Keep me in the know for sure I'm totally interested how your system you ordered works for ya! Thanks! Love this site! D.

Got them today and put them in, dry fired it off and on for a few hours and I must say that I'm sorta disappointed. I've got a Gen3 G26 that I was comparing to. Here are my findings:

-It's slightly heavier, maybe a half pound or so. I was expecting that.

-It is slightly smoother, but the pull weight is the same all the way through the trigger pull, take-up included. This I was also expecting.

-It seems to have lengthened the reset, this I was not expecting and is a major negative in my opinion.

-Lastly, when the striker is not cocked, the trigger no longer stays in the rear as it does with a typical trigger spring. It moves forward maybe half an inch, similar to what most other striker fired pistols do when the striker is not cocked, the trigger just doesn't move it's full length of travel as it does with other pistols. This isn't really a negative, I just thought it was worth noting.

I'm gonna take it to the range next week once my new sights come in and shoot the pistol with both setups, but at this point I'm planning on the leaving the stock connector and trigger spring in it.

It's not a bad setup by any means, I just prefer the stock setup. Next time you make an order from MidwayUSA, Brownells or the likes, I would spend the $16 to give it a try, you may find it to your liking.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
Thanks fellas, as far as practice, we all need that-always. Been shooting all my life, Desert Storm Vet, owner of a few pistols, the G27 being my newest and my CCW. I understand the legality of mods to my carry pistol, just would like an explanation on trigger jobs and how they work, reducing trigger slop/travel, shorter reset ect...and what is the 25 CENT TRIGGER JOB? I know it involves polishing parts. Can anyone explain? Much appreciated. D.

Here you go The $0.25 Glock trigger job