Suggestions... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Suggestions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

My 2¢

Personally, I like Glocks. I carry a G30 (.45). I used to carry a G23 (.40). I have also fired G17s (9mm), G21s (.45) and a G27 (.40). I personally make smaller groups with the .45, which is why I carry it.

The 9mm is a perfectly fine round. It is less expensive than the other "man stopper" calibers. I don't necessarily buy that it is more accurate, inherently (see above). Guns chambered in this caliber have higher capacity than similar guns chambered in bigger calibers.

The G19 is very popular because it has a grip that most people can get their entire hand on without using magazine extensions and a barrel that is long enough that for most people there isn't excessive "muzzle flip." Bigger is harder to conceal and smaller is harder to control. For most people.

I gather from your original post that you are a relatively inexperienced shooter. As such, IMHO, you will like a G19 or G17. They are both sized for easy control, and the fuller size makes cycling smoother. And 9mm is an easy round to control, relatively inexpensive, and suitable for self-defense.

You mentioned Springfield XDs. They are good guns also, in my opinion, and they come in sizes and calibers similar to Glocks. Check out the XD sub-forum within this forum.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 09-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If you can shoot and hit your target all you need is 3 shots 2 in the heart 1 in the head.

Why you need 45 million rounds of ammo in a mag is beyond me. Plus the more ammo you stuff in a mag the harder it becomes to load the mag.
ROTFL . Where can I buy 3 round magazines? My thumbs hurt from loading 13