Strange markings on Glock barrel?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Strange markings on Glock barrel?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Strange markings on Glock barrel?

I just purchased a Glock 19 about a month ago and I have probably put around 400 or 500 rounds through it. I last shot it about a week and a half ago and cleaned it immediately after using it. I didn't notice anything when I cleaned it and put it in my gun safe, but tonight I got it out and got ready to go to the range and noticed some strange parallel markings on both the top and bottom of the barrel. The marks look like if you connected them, they would go all the way around the barrel, but they are only on the top and bottom, only on the outside, nothing on the indide. The markings look like wear on the coating on the barrel, not scratches. Is this kind of wear normal after this few rounds? Just to be safe, I decided to skip the range until I can get some more info on what's going on.

By the way, I'm a Glock newbie, and a new gun owner to boot, so if this is a dumb question, please forgive my inexperience.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3166 Times on 1798 Posts
Likes Given: 18391

That is very typical and normal,some call it the Glock smile.The way the Glocks chamber a round,tilting in the chamber end to aid in feeding,the muzzel end makes slight contact with the slide and this is quite normal.
Enjoy shootin and be safe.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #3

yeah i agree. defenatly normal. my g23 has the same markings on it & they appeared at about the same number of rounds, so go on out shooting & have fun with it.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

i always get the Glock smile every time i squeeeeezzze the trigger

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
Get Yourself A Glock And Lose That Nickel Plated Sissy Pistol!".... Tommy Lee Jones in "U.S. Marshall's".