Stove Piping Glock 23

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Stove Piping Glock 23

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stove Piping Glock 23

HELP!!!!! I am reloading a Reduced Cal Load for my Glock 23--the .40 Cal---I am Shootin 180 Grain Lead Bullets Loaded with 5.0 Grains of Winchester Super Field thru a Storm Lake Match Barrel---gettin some Stove Pipes? OAL is 1.105 inches? Will goin to the 13 Pound Spring help me out????? HELP Jack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Jack,

Welcome to the forum. I might suggest you stop by the Introductions forum and post a little something about yourself. Soon after you might find a few people will have some advice for ya

Old 10-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Have you tried cutting any coils off the spring? Tried an 11lb spring? Maybe your loads are too weak. If you are doing competition, your loads should meet minimum power factors anyway. You may also be limp wristing the pistol since you know you're shooting reduced loads....just not ruling out anything here at this point.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlejack View Post
HELP!!!!! I am reloading a Reduced Cal Load for my Glock 23--the .40 Cal---I am Shootin 180 Grain Lead Bullets Loaded with 5.0 Grains of Winchester Super Field thru a Storm Lake Match Barrel---gettin some Stove Pipes? OAL is 1.105 inches? Will goin to the 13 Pound Spring help me out????? HELP Jack
TWO choices:

1) increase powder charge AND/OR bullet weight.

or

2) install a 10.5 to 11.5 pound spring.

Best choice...

Get a CZ75B or a 1911

Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #5

Thanks Guys!!!! Yes I think I am Limp Wristing some---I Have a New 13 Pound Spring ordered---5.0 Grains of Winchester Superfield for the 180 Lead ??? Not sure just what it Cronnies----Lets try the Lighter Spring First as I have 800 Rounds Loaded up with this Crappy Lead!!!! LOL Still Learnin here----The Stock Spring is 17 LBS I Beleive so it's worth the try!!!!! Thanks all!!!! Jack

Old 10-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well, let's just say that changing one thing at a time will narrow it down sooner than changing everything. Current factory rating for the G23 should be 18lbs...previous models did 17lbs.......not much difference really, but anything above and below should be considered extra power or reduced power accordingly. Might I ask if you are running a captive or non-captive rod? Round spring, or flat wire? I've been tossing the idea around myself for competition, but I only use factory ammo. Grip/hold that Glock just like you would with full power loads IMO.