Sticking magazines
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Sticking magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1777 Times on 918 Posts
Likes Given: 1353

Default Sticking magazines

Anybody screw small tiny eyelet screws into the bottom of their NFML pre ban mags so they have something to grip to pull them out? Mine are really difficult to remove, full or empty.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

One of the guys at work bought a couple magpul baseplates that he seems to like. According to him, they're even easy to manipulate with his gloves on.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

All of my Glock mags drop out by them selves when you push the mag release, empty or full. Do you have the early "Non metal lined" mags?

Old 08-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULESKINNER View Post
All of my Glock mags drop out by them selves when you push the mag release, empty or full. Do you have the early "Non metal lined" mags?
My pre bans are.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You must have the early 1980's magazines. They were not metal lined. If used as a personal defense weapon, for your safety, I would sell them and buy some late model, metal lined, Glock brand factory magazines from Glockmiester, or who ever.

I've heard of this problem before from folks who had the early, non metal lined, Glock magazines. They come out hard when loaded and empty also. Not good in a gun fight!

Attaching screws to the floor plates or the magazine tubes, sounds like a bad way to modify your magazines. Not good. Get some new magazines! Your personal safety, or the safety of your loved ones is worth the cost!

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-20-2012 at 11:03 PM.
yogiboobooranger Likes This 
Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Like MuleSkinner said, get you some updated metal lined mags for carry. Use the old ones for range/target shooting.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #7

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I clicked into this thread thinking it had something to do with the actions of a your young teenage son. SHWEW!!! That would be nasty.
I do have a lot of loops tied into a lot of my magazines. One little tug, and out they come.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULESKINNER View Post
You must have the early 1980's magazines. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Your personal safety, or the safety of your loved ones is worth the cost!
I live in NYS where the AWB is still in effect. We are limited to 10 round magazines. I have the three 10 round post ban magazines that came with the gun. They slide right out. The only magazines we are allowed to have with a higher capacity are pre ban magazines, which were designed NOT to come out by accident. Apparent this was a problem with the Austrian gendarmes. The problem is the pre bans, as they are, are hard to take out on purpose as well.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Okay I can understand that. I bought my MOD 23 in 1999 and my 27 and 22 in the 2000's, so all of my magazines are post ban. The only ones that have the restricted info on them are the three high caps that came with the 23, as it was sold as a L/E weapon.

But, I have purchased high cap Glock brand magazines since I purchased both the 22 and the 23 for both and I can not see anything on the mags that would allow anyone to ascertain if they are pre or post ban mags. So if you purchased some post ban high cap mags, how would anyone know? I thought the ban was enacted in 1994. Was Glock using the old style mags then?

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-21-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #10

The notch on the top of preban magazines are in a round U shape and there is no text molded in the mags. The post ban mag notch is more squared and they have the caliber molded into the plastic.

Google 'pre ban Glock magazines' images if you like.

Last edited by Vincine; 08-21-2012 at 01:36 AM.