Some questions about the G20,
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Some questions about the G20,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Some questions about the G20,

After reading Robo's post on the G20, I think I've made up my mind to buy one. I've been wishy washy on my next gun, but I think the G20 might be it. I want to have a multi caliber gun and am looking for something that will .40, 10mm, .45 and .460 Rowland.

1. Is the G20 the same as the G21 except the caliber? 460Rowland.com makes a conversion but it is for the G21. I think it's because of the mag not that there is a difference in the frame.

2. What mags carry what calibers? I.E. .45 can also be used for .460. Can the .40 be used for the 10mm.

Thanks for the help,
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2730 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

The 20 and 21 share the exact same frame. The 20 can use caliber conversion barrels in .357 Sig, .40 S&W and 9 X 25. The 10mm mags work fine. Lone Wolf makes a .45 ACP slide for the G20 frame. You can get conversion barrels in .400 CorBon, .40 Super and .460 Rowland. You do need .45 ACP mags for the .45 based cartridges. The .460 is specifically NOT recommended by Glock. That is a VERY high energy round. It is probably best left to steel framed 1911's.

I have a G-20 and Lone Wolf barrels in .357 Sig, .40 S&W and a conventionally rifled 10mm. All work well.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thank you for the info. I am pretty suspicious of the Rowland conversation by 460Rowland.com with the glock. He professes there are no problems. But I'm very leery of it.

Thanks again

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me