Sold my S&W Sigma and bought a Glock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Sold my S&W Sigma and bought a Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Sold my S&W Sigma and bought a Glock

I had a 22 once and didn't like it (first generation). It didn't fit my hand right. I grabbed up a 19 and 17 yesterday with the latest finger grooves and that made the difference. I needed a new 9mm and the 17 felt the most comfortable in my hand. I won't get a chance to shoot it until late this afternoon or tomorrow, but and anxious.

I pulled it apart and it's all it has is the copper grease in it so I didn't clean it except to run a patch with cleaner and a dry one down the snout. The seller who is a licensed Glock Armorer said to forget cleaning it. Run a thousand rounds and then he'd show me the proper way to clean it. I don't think I can do that as I like to keep my weapons clean and ready to run. What is your experience/opinion?

Thanks for the input.

Dave

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would clean it and lubricate it. I would assume that the grease is there in order to be able to keep the gun "on hold" for a long time , as it is uncertain when a particular gun would be sold.

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
The seller who is a licensed Glock Armorer said to forget cleaning it. Run a thousand rounds and then he'd show me the proper way to clean it. I don't think I can do that as I like to keep my weapons clean and ready to run. What is your experience/opinion?
I would clean and lubricate it after every range session, according to your owner's manual.

Whichever service caliber you carry, expect a failure to stop and keep shooting!

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34714

Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks. I agree. I took it out today and ran a hundred rounds through it after I took it apart and cleaned it up. It runs like a clock. I even called the seller and asked him why he didn't tell me that he trains his guns before he sells them! I know him well and was harassing him, but it was near true. It was totally accurate out of the box.

When I finished I cleaned it up like I do all of my guns. It sure is a well made piece. Thanks for the input.

Dave

Old 12-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here are pics of the Glock 17 and the Taurus PT-745

Here are my two recent purchases. Note the home made .45 snap cap with the 745

Last edited by dgray64; 12-05-2009 at 03:40 PM.