Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   So I made a decision... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/so-i-made-decision-24742/)

EiteCombat 03-16-2010 05:39 AM

So I made a decision...

So I went down to my local gunshop and examined their pistols. I checked out an XD 40, a Glock 23 and a Kahr 40 (not sure of the model).

For starters I liked the Kahr but the grip was too thin. So that one was eliminated. The XD felt nice, came up naturally but I couldn't haggle a good deal out of em on the trade for my 1911. Then came the Glock. The Glock, like the XD, felt very comfortable, balanced and came up naturally. It was a slightly used model, seemed to barely have a box of rounds put through it.

The deal I was offered was this, the Glock with all the factory stuff(Box, paperwork, 2 mags, speedloader, lock) a box of Hornaday TAP FPD 180gr JHPs(to replace the Winchester PDX1 that I had with my 1911) and a Bianchi IWB Holster, plus $200 cash for my gun. I don't know what you guys think but that sounded like a great deal to me, especially coming from a dealer(I think he wanted it for himself).

So needless to say, I took the offer. So now I have replaced my beloved with a piece of tupperware and some cash that I desperately needed. However, I had time to hit the range after leaving the shop. I did just as well with that as I did with my 1911. For the first time with that gun that's not bad. It's comfortable, trigger was smooth(not as good as the Colt though) and it's got more of a flip to it(unlike the Colt which is more of a push) so that's the only real negative. It's a bit lighter, smaller and more comfortable to carry. I trust it to protect me and my loved ones should the situation call for it. And that's what matters most. I still miss my Colt though, and always will until I get a new one in the future.:(

Let the Glock bashing begin!! :D

Gojubrian 03-16-2010 06:46 AM

You were robbed. What kind of glock is it?

EiteCombat 03-16-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 249623)
You were robbed. What kind of glock is it?

G23, how was I robbed?

Gatekeeper 03-16-2010 07:58 AM

Well congrats on the new pistol.
You were in a tight spot, needed some cash, but still needed a quality, reliable firearm to trust your life to. If those were your goals, you succeeded on all accounts. As long as you're happy thats all that matters.
Enjoy your new pistol, and if someday,when finances are better, you feel the urge to rekindle your relationship with the 1911, they sell them everyday

Gojubrian 03-16-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EiteCombat (Post 249639)
G23, how was I robbed?

I'm just giving you a hard time. :D

I think the xd would have been worth the extra and the seller knew this too. :p

EiteCombat 03-16-2010 08:35 AM

I figured you were. You're probably right on that one. But price was a factor as it was the main reason I had to dump my Colt, I knew I could make some money, which was very much needed, and get a good reliable pistol at the same time.

NGIB 03-16-2010 11:07 AM

Depending on what Colt you got rid of, you maybe did OK considering you traded at a dealer...

MotorG20 03-16-2010 01:46 PM

I agree that if you're happy, it was a good deal. Money comes and goes, guns come and go, and life is short, do what you want/have to do. I've been through a lot of sickness in my life, including cancer (six year survivor), and I've come to the conclusion that God and family are the most important things. All other thing are really insignificant considering how short a ride we have on this big globe.
Enjoy your G23 and that extra $200.00:D.

MotorG20:)

group17 03-16-2010 02:01 PM

Depends on what you paid for the 1911.

glock2740 04-04-2010 09:48 PM

Congrats on the G23. I CC one quite a bit. I wouldn't traded a Colt 1911 for a used G23, but that's your deal. I love Glocks and 1911's.