You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

So I Got My First Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
Hell yes, it's a bit alien to me. It's not a difficult adjustment, it's a nice shooter, it just "feels different" from my 1911 and of course my revolvers. Hard to explain, try one out and you'll understand.

I can't complain, it was an early xmas gift.

Would I have bought one?, not without trying one out and I'd really have to be in the plasti-gun market to do my own honest eval /research different mfg weapons of this type before I bought one.

I have my eye on a kimber ultra ...............markerdown
I have shot several of them and if I take my time and aim I can do just fine but the whole thing just feels unnatural to me. Point shooting is out of the question. If I drew on a bad guy I'd be aiming for his check and take out his knee. You keep the glock, I'll keep my XD.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
"If I drew on a bad guy I'd be aiming for his check and take out his knee."
That's probably the reason for the large capacity mags opposed to 7 in a 1911; you can fill em' full of a lot-o-lead and adjust But hey, it all depends on what feels good in your hand, you can shoot good with and what you want.

I'm not gonna carry my G22 as a duty weapon or as a cc. It may just stay at home or with me when out in the desert to ward off vermin(2 or 4 legged)

And really, the way I see it, when it comes to ALL plastic weapons, there is glock and all others. I'm not a glockhead, but just look at them all. Who was first and who just immitated the technology/design.

It holds tru for the 1911A1, which just happens to be my weapon of choice. There is Colt and all others are clones, some are even better than the original. ....................markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Last edited by markerdown; 11-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.