Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   sights (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/sights-72416/)

glock73 09-14-2012 06:21 PM

sights

Are truglo tfo sights good?

MrWray 09-14-2012 06:39 PM

Short answer "yes"

About the same as the trijicons and the meprolite tritium sights.

Kamauhotep 09-14-2012 08:25 PM

I installed the Truglo sights a few weeks ago. I love them. I concur. Just as good as the others. Maybe a slight edge though. I love all three brands though.

RecklessRegard 09-14-2012 08:43 PM

I have them on my G26. I love them. In low level light they are nice and bright; in bright light they are just as easy to see since they include the fiber optics too. I'd recommend them.

glock73 09-14-2012 10:02 PM

OK thanks for info

miamivice 09-15-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecklessRegard
I have them on my G26. I love them. In low level light they are nice and bright; in bright light they are just as easy to see since they include the fiber optics too. I'd recommend them.

I just had the TFO sights installed on my Glock 22 Gen 4. Now I'm shooting low left. Did my LGS install them wrong? Or is there a different way to aim with these sight compared to the Stock Sights?

yogiboobooranger 09-15-2012 01:24 PM

You can adjust your rear sight left or right to correct for shooting direction. As far as Up and down, you will have to adjust your position of the front sight post in the sight picture to bring your hits up. The only other possible correction would be to buy a shorter front post. I would just adjust your shooting, practice it till it is natural and go on.

miamivice 09-15-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiboobooranger (Post 941633)
You can adjust your rear sight left or right to correct for shooting direction. As far as Up and down, you will have to adjust your position of the front sight post in the sight picture to bring your hits up. The only other possible correction would be to buy a shorter front post. I would just adjust your shooting, practice it till it is natural and go on.

Ok, i'm shooting left. The only thing that came with the sights was a little allen key. How do i adjust for shooting left?

R3c0n5n1p3r 09-15-2012 09:00 PM

Alot of the time with glocks when u shoot left or right is your trigger pull , or how ur pulling the trigger as long as your sights are centered then it's shooter error... May need 2 adjust rear sight post a lil make sure both are perfectly centered...

miamivice 09-15-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r (Post 942078)
Alot of the time with glocks when u shoot left or right is your trigger pull , or how ur pulling the trigger as long as your sights are centered then it's shooter error... May need 2 adjust rear sight post a lil make sure both are perfectly centered...

It has nothing to do with trigger pull. Before i replaced the sights i was shooting fine. Had my LGS replace the Stock sights with TFO's and now shooting low-left.