Shut The Front Door!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Shut The Front Door!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default Shut The Front Door!

Took my new G30 to the range today and was very disappointed needless to say. The problem my friend had the other day, i had the same today! I used the same ammo as before(federal) and after the first three rounds; the gun would jam. The first 25 rounds, it done it like three times. The other 25, like twice. Each time, i would eject the last two rounds, reload and fire. I love how she shoots but concerned about all the malfunctions. I am not sure what to do because my G23 works flawless. I have never used federal ammo with the 23 but started with the 30(gun shop guy said works better). With the 23 i used Winchester(white box) and some crappy Tulamo or something but fed every round. Can someone help troubleshoot this? do i need to send it to Glock?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23
Took my new G30 to the range today and was very disappointed needless to say. The problem my friend had the other day, i had the same today! I used the same ammo as before(federal) and after the first three rounds; the gun would jam. The first 25 rounds, it done it like three times. The other 25, like twice. Each time, i would eject the last two rounds, reload and fire. I love how she shoots but concerned about all the malfunctions. I am not sure what to do because my G23 works flawless. I have never used federal ammo with the 23 but started with the 30(gun shop guy said works better). With the 23 i used Winchester(white box) and some crappy Tulamo or something but fed every round. Can someone help troubleshoot this? do i need to send it to Glock?
I had a similar problem with a friend's G17. A thorough cleaning and oiling at all the points suggested in the owner's manual did the trick and had it running like a machine.

That being said, my (rather limited) experience is that Federal ammo is a LOT dirtier than WInchester White Box. Since I am still in the learning curve of handgun ownership, I have made it a point to clean my guns after every trip to the range. The times I've used Federal it has taken twice as many patches to clean the guns.

Give the gun a thorough cleaning, make sure it is well lubricated, use cleaner ammo...and see if that helps.

Just saying'....

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

SO, you've only tried Federal in your G30? Is it Federal 230gr ball? I could just be your particular gun doesn't like that for some reason.

Have you checked you feedramps? are you using the factory magazine? G21 magazine with Arrendondo or Pearce extentions?

have your tried out any other ammo? Remington UMC, Winchester White Box?

Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I havent tried any other ammo yet but i think i will. I use factory mags too. Yup its the 230

Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #5

I don't own a glock 30 but do have a 17, 19, 26 and don't have any problems. As far as Federal ammo being dirtier shouldnt make a difference IMO in a Glock. I have shot plenty of Federal ammo and feel its just fine. Glocks should not have this problem. I would send it in. Does not sound reliable.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #6

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

1-Mag issue? Non factory? Most feed issues are because of the mags.

2-Feed ramp? Did you give it a swab before you shot? Factory grease maybe?

3-Ammo...not likely, Glocks eat all ya feed 'em

My .02, you have a mag thing going on...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

What kind of jam are you getting?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think i may polish the feedramp after i clean the pistol.i may even strip the slide too. Should i try the federal again or switch brands?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

my glocks love umc the are less expencive just for 1000 9mm for 179 at bi mart. very clean shooting just a wipe down when done.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
Get Yourself A Glock And Lose That Nickel Plated Sissy Pistol!".... Tommy Lee Jones in "U.S. Marshall's".

Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
What kind of jam are you getting?
This ^^.

Different kinds of malfunctions have very different causes.

I've shot around 2000 rounds of Federal Champion in 9mm, and have never had an issue. Most of that is through Glocks (17,19 and 26). It's my brass practice ammo of choice.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"