Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Glock Forum (
-   -   Seriously jammed G33 (

OldBear 10-21-2011 06:54 AM

Seriously jammed G33
Bought a new 33. Back at the house I dismantled it per the instructions with no problem. When I tried to reassemble it, the left side of the slide ended up on the left rail, but the right side of the slide was above the right rail. The slide is well and thoroughly jammed. The slide lock is fully up and cannot be pulled down. I removed the locking block pin, but that made no difference. Any suggestions?

MrWray 10-21-2011 07:41 PM

Have you tried depressing the takedown levers and trying to work the slide?

JTJ 10-21-2011 07:45 PM

Take it to a gun smith or someone that is well experienced with Glocks before you do any more damage.

MrWray 10-21-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JTJ
Take it to a gun smith or someone that is well experienced with Glocks before you do any more damage.

That was gonna be my next comment

Glore 10-21-2011 09:15 PM

I would use the take down lever and remove the slide in a normal manner just as if you were taking it apart for cleaning. It is probably binded tight but it should be able to be worked free by hand. I wouldn't use any object to pry or hammer because you run the risk of bending or damaging the slide rails. Apply pressure forward and rearward. I'm not a gunsmith and this is only a suggestion the best thing to do would be to take it to a gunsmith but sometimes that's not practical, and he will probably do the same thing I'm suggesting. Once you free it up inspect the slide rails closely, if you pry or hammer and the rails get bent or come loose from the polymer, your gonna have to get a whole new frame.

MrWray 10-21-2011 09:24 PM

A long time ago i had my G31 field stripped and was cleaning it.when i was reassembling it my wife walked in and started yacking about something. I had put the barrel back in place but being distracted by her i forgot to install the guide rod and placed the slide back on the frame. Red faced and cussing i thought that i was never gonna get the slide back off. I have to admit, a little bit of panic set in once i couldnt get the slide off..hope everything works out for you

Alpha1Victor 10-21-2011 09:59 PM

This is a situation where a picture could be helpful.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Mandy 10-21-2011 10:29 PM

That same thing happened to me once long time ago, can't remember exactly what I did to get it off, but if not mistaken, try to pull the trigger as if you're going to disassemble it then pull the slide a bit back and then lower the lock lever, then force it forward, it should get free.
Don't worry about it, I don't think that applying force with the hands will damage anything unless you're a giant, just don't bang it .................

Good luck

OldBear 10-22-2011 03:17 AM

Problem solved
I finally realized that for the slide lock to be stuck so tightly, the front locking lug must be holding it in the up position. My finger ends are sore, but I was able to get the slide lock retracted. Everything is fine. I'm just slow to figure things out.

BTW, saw a bumper sticker>> Caution: CHL with PMS

EMTchad 11-24-2011 08:54 AM

It has to be in specific order when u reassemble a field strip. Golly..