Scherer 31 rd magazines
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Scherer 31 rd magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Scherer 31 rd magazines

Just picked up two at a gun show for about 40 bucks, thought it was a decent deal. Now I'm having buyers remorse...

They are 31 rd mags with a 2rd extension (33 rds total, for you math wizards). I loaded them both up with FMJ to test for feed issues, and man was I pissed.

The first mag kept failing to chamber properly (it kinda went in at a diagonal). After I managed to get it to feed, then it would eject properly, but the next round would do the same thing. This went on until I got down to 20 or less rounds. The second mag wasn't quite as low, but it was having similar issues until around 25 rounds.

(please excuse the lack of proper terminology)
I examined them compared to the Glock factory mags, and I could see the metal lips on the Glock were flush against the brass of the round, but on the Scherer they seemed to be flush at the very base, and then diagonally outward, offering what feels like no support to the round. Also, the rounds seem to almost fall out when you push them from the primer side, instead of the grip that the Glock factory mags have. (One of the Scherer mags seems to be more flush than the other, but by no means completely flush like the Glock factory mags)

So, could this be a weak spring in the bottom of the magazine? Or are the lips of the mag just totally junk?

Anyone else have Scherer mags with similar issues, or no issues at all?

Thought I also might mention its a G19, 9mm

Last edited by falseharmonix; 08-23-2009 at 09:38 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 AM   #2

Default Scherer 31 rd magazines

Sorry the best thing you can do is chalk up 40 bucks as experience as they are not factory glock mags.
Here is a link for th 33 rd Glock mag. Retail plus shipping will amount to slightly more than what you paid for your Scherer.
Good Luck and good shooting.

Glock 17/19/26 9mm 33rd Drop Free Mag New Factory

Old 08-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Come on, you know you want to reply to my thread....

Seriously people, help!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdriver View Post
Sorry the best thing you can do is chalk up 40 bucks as experience as they are not factory glock mags.
Here is a link for th 33 rd Glock mag. Retail plus shipping will amount to slightly more than what you paid for your Scherer.
Good Luck and good shooting.

Glock 17/19/26 9mm 33rd Drop Free Mag New Factory

Thanks Jeep, dont know how I missed your post

I figured I'm more or less SOL on this purchase. Perhaps I'll try to pawn them off on ebay or something....

Old 09-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #5

Default 31 rd mags with a 2rd extension

31 rd mags with a 2rd extension?
If it doesn't have the GLOCK manufactured name on it it probablly will not work reliably.