Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Scary moment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I didnt have them mixed together i had my 23 field stripped and cleaned and had my 17 broke down to just the slide and receiver, i just grabbed the wrong receiver when i put it back together not paying attention, trying to watch the game. Like i said a bone head move.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

So, are you saying that you mixed the frame/slides BEFORE your range session, or after you returned?

That was some hard s..t to follow bro...no offense.
No after the range session while cleaning them.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I see nothing wrong with cleaning more than one at a time, but I remember the old outlaw rule, reinforced in the Marines, always have at least one gun on hand ready to go.

But something that looks so similar, like 2 GLOCKs? Nah, man, you got lucky. Glad it worked out for you in the end, and everyday can be a learning experience.
Man your not lieN bro.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

And the bad thing about it my receiver on the 23 has the hogue grip and the 17 don't. So i should of realized it from jump. Yea im not gone lie i was distracted at the time it was a good game a close 1. Im just glad it all worked out in my favor.

Last edited by glockcoma; 01-17-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #15

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcoma

No after the range session while cleaning them.
Ok...I gotcha...just trying to get on the same page.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #16

I clean multiple guns at one time but am very thoughtful of doing so. I've never had a problem.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #17

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I was cleaning my G31 about 5 years back and i had it disassembled in my living room floor.after i finished cleaning it i started to re-assemble it,then my wife walked in and starting talking to me.while i was talking to her i wasnt paying attention and placed the barrel back into the slide and slid the frame back on "without the damn RSA". it me forever to get that stinkin slide back off.. That sucked!!
That's so funny! I did the same damn thing a couple weeks ago! My g17 was the last gun I needed cleaned after a good range day, tried to squeeze it in before the wife and kid get home. I only had to clean the slide and oil it up and the wife walks in and babble babble babble and then -Whammy! The bad thing is you know you messed up in the halfway point...and too late! It just slides too smooth. Its a mother to get it off. Hope I never do that again

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

No distractions is a good rule when cleaning firearms, this includes turning the game off. Just my opinion, Be safe.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #19
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

This may be the only good thing about having only one gun!!! Glad it all worked out, we learn a lot more from our mistakes than our successes.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Worse thing that ever happened to me is when I broke down my m9 for the first time to clean after I bought it. Didn't know the recoil spring shoots out like a 9mm if u don't hold it down and it shot out and almost pushed my buddies eyeball into his head. Missed him by an inch. But my wall took a blow. It dented the drywall it shot out so fast. Ever since then I take out the recoil spring right after I take the slide off.