Rhyme or Reason?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Rhyme or Reason?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rhyme or Reason?

I purchased my first Glock a couple months ago and I'm still new to the sport and obsession of owning guns Anyways, is there any rhyme or reason as to which Glock model gets its number? I understand the original 17 round Glock 17. Makes sense. But why is the smaller 19, a higher number? And why is the even smaller 26, called a 26? These may be dumb ass questions, but as I'm trying to learn about Glocks and which model is which, it would be helpful to have some understanding of the method to the madness.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8887 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

The Model 17 was NOT named for magazine capacity. It was the 17th patent that the company had filed. Model numbers went higher from there.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #3

Liked 1740 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
I purchased my first Glock a couple months ago and I'm still new to the sport and obsession of owning guns . . . . . . . . These may be dumb ass questions, but as I'm trying to learn about Glocks and which model is which, it would be helpful to have some understanding of the method to the madness.
If you come across a Glock 7 or a Glock 12 grab it. It’s likely to be a very rare curtain rod or shovel.

(Glock patents 1-16 were plastic curtain rods, plastic kitchen boxes, machine gun ammo belts, shovels, utility knives, etc...)
People Like This 
Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Subsequent numbers just like the alphabet and subsequent letters. Kinda sorta.....in a way.