Returning a Glock to Glock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Returning a Glock to Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Returning a Glock to Glock

Hi Folks:

I am new to this forum, and enjoy reading the posts.

I purchased a used Glock 17 and want to return it to the factory for upgrades, slide refinishing and maybe other things. I have looked on line and cannot find a list of services offered by Glock or a price list of services.

Does anyone know if there is a published list of services that are done by Glock?

Thanks

Trashman1

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Call Glock and they will tell you if it needs an upgraded parts set. Not sure about slide re-finishing, as the slides are Tennifer finished when made at the factory.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #3

Liked 247 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The slide is finished similar to Parkerizing. The Tennifer treatment is not the black finish.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Glock will refinish slides on weapons returned to them if you request it. I sent one of my officer's weapons back to them earlier this year to have them check some peening on the slide, and while it took FOREVER they did a great job, and he basically got back a brand new weapon. Since it wasn't warranty work they did charge for the refinishing (only the refinishing), but right now, I don't remenber what it cost, but it wasn't very much. I also sent back a 1st generation 21 for the up-grades and they did everything, including replacing the 1st generation magazines at no cost.

As far as sending it back, if you are a LEO, your departmental armorer, or range master, can send it back LE Agency to Glock and then Glock to LE Agency. If not, you will need to go through a FFL.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 12-20-2009, 02:26 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
Glock will refinish slides on weapons returned to them if you request it. I sent one of my officer's weapons back to them earlier this year to have them check some peening on the slide, and while it took FOREVER they did a great job, and he basically got back a brand new weapon. Since it wasn't warranty work they did charge for the refinishing (only the refinishing), but right now, I don't remenber what it cost, but it wasn't very much. I also sent back a 1st generation 21 for the up-grades and they did everything, including replacing the 1st generation magazines at no cost.

As far as sending it back, if you are a LEO, your departmental armorer, or range master, can send it back LE Agency to Glock and then Glock to LE Agency. If not, you will need to go through a FFL.

Am I lucky or what ... this is my better half. Good looking and gun smart, that's my baby.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #6

Default Does it need it.

Does your glock even need a refurbish. They can easily go 20,000 rounds or more. Plus there are other companies besides glock that can re-finish. And in your choice of colors, like sniper gray, desert tan, etc.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #7

Default Slide Refinishing

Hi All:

I returned my Glock 17 to Glock for a frame over haul and slide and barrel refinishing. Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts and we cannot buy new Glocks only ones made before 10/21/98. So I bought the Glock 17, which was a police turn in, and sent it back. The weapon looked like it had never been cleaned so I took it apart and gave it a complete cleaning before sending it back. I called Glock and got the prices for refinishing the slide and barrel, and they will go over the rest of the pistol for nothing replacing springs and any part that seems worn. I also have purchased a Glock box for $18.00.

The only problem is that Glock sends their slides and barrels out to a 3'rd party so it will not be back in my grubby little hands until the end of January but should come back and almost new.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman1 View Post
Hi All:

The only problem is that Glock sends their slides and barrels out to a 3'rd party so it will not be back in my grubby little hands until the end of January but should come back and almost new.
Trashman, The only problem with Glock (IMHO) is that that they are very slow on their service and their parts orders. Their tracking is very good though, you can call (but not every day!) and check on the progress.

Glockshooter, The reason that my officer wanted his 24 refinished was because of holster wear. I don't like it either, that's why my slides have been plated. I know that it voids the warranty, but oh well.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....